Where did you ride today?

I rode down to the sunny brook with the cool mountain water cascading slowly over a waterfall into a deep clear blue pool filled with brook trout.

Well close enough, Morrison Springs natural spring over in Walton county. The water is cool at about 68' and 50 feet deep at the spring entrance. The fish are only bass perch and blue gills. The crystal clear water flows up from 300 feet deep cavities at a rate of 48 to 70 million gallons a day. If you are lucky you may see a Manatee or an Alligator there. Usually you will see 100 to 400 swimmers and scuba divers during the summer.

IMG_4808.jpeg

I like Itchetucknee Springs for snorkeling and tubing.
And gator watching.
Very similar, but you can float along and sightsee, effortlessly.
And the water keeps your cans cold (no glass allowed.)

I rode my usual little route today. Took the Blackbird instead of the ST1100. Felt like a bicycle in comparison. Did 75 miles total. Rode highway 16 through Medina, TX and then doubled back and came home. Went down West 2107 on the outbound leg to Medina just past the Hill Country Event and RV Center where the ST boys hook up every year. Beautiful morning. Only encountered four other bikes and they were Harleys. Saw a bunch of deer and, at one point, three wild turkeys sauntered across the road in front of me. I took pictures with my Canon SD1100is digicam just to go "old school". The photos are small to keep a load off the forum servers.

IMG_0963.JPG.pngIMG_0964.JPG.pngIMG_0966.JPG.pngIMG_0967.JPG.pngIMG_0969.JPG.pngIMG_0971.JPG.pngIMG_0972.JPG.pngIMG_0974.JPG.pngIMG_0976.JPG.pngIMG_0977.JPG.pngIMG_0979.JPG.pngIMG_0980.JPG.pngIMG_0981.JPG.pngIMG_0985.JPG.pngIMG_0986.JPG.png

Last edited:
And gator watching.
I lived in Florida for 30 years and always meant to go to Itchetucknee Springs, but never got around to it. I always heard it was nice.

And gator watching.
Been there several times. Have scuba dived jug hole a couple times years ago and floated down the river. Fun times

So we did 157 miles today. Weather tonight into tomorrow would suck for loading bikes would suck. The Beemer was complaining with dry sand going up the ramp. Total trip of two nights. 408 miles of riding. Acceptable I think. Only one pic in front of Harley dealership in Rothschild WI. IMG_1053.jpeg

And gator watching.

My wife and I visited there with friends sometime around 1977 while I was in the Navy. Floated down the stream and also snorkeled into the hole but the water coming out of it prevented going down very far.

I rode for 2 hours this morning non-stop. I rarely check my mileage and didn't this time either.

Took a long single lane country road up to Fredericksburg. 30 cattle crossings on it and lots of loose livestock and deer. Not many vehicles on that road, but it gets real interesting when they and I both want to share the road.

Took another long country road on the return route past the bat cave and on home.

It wasn't hot and the views were wonderful. Nothing like a morning ride to destress and face the rest of the day.

That is 5 miles per ear. Not bad.

You coulda whacked off at least the stalk ends of those ears, and carried 60.

I use a suitable sharp knife, hold the tip, and one quick motion... I like sharp, steely things.

Not much in this world worse than having to use a dull knife.

Last edited:
That is 5 miles per ear. Not bad.

You coulda whacked off at least the stalk ends of those ears, and carried 60.

I use a suitable sharp knife, hold the tip, and one quick motion... I like sharp, steely things.

Not much in this world than having to use a dull knife.
10 more inside a jacket, a couple in the pants, :rofl1:

This happened over a couple days, but I finally have time to post it.

Chief Joseph Scenic Highway.

vgGtJ66l.jpg

yWtRs1cl.jpg

Beartooth Highway

44HKh17l.jpg

JnZpwAEl.jpg

eopQhxxl.jpg

GIttITMl.jpg

Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area

You just can't capture the scale of this place. Saw some wild horses here too.
gYhJ6ntl.jpg

wowoLj7l.jpg

West Thumb Geyser Basin, Yellowstone National Park

n06br6Bl.jpg

hLnKgE9l.jpg

JQ21ew4l.jpg

Going to the Son, Glacier National Park

bRp9ERol.jpg

I0UwMuEl.jpg

Chris

Just under 500 miles for the day, started out in the fog I hit 92 for a short time mostly 88 going across the central valley. I am camping just outside of Bridgeport and will make my way to Uncle Larry's in Idaho in the morning.

Sonora Pass was nice, no traffic.

Here are a couple of pictures.

PXL_20240819_203820891.jpgPXL_20240819_203832551.jpgPXL_20240819_212516481.jpgPXL_20240819_225231844.MP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom