Where did you ride today?

Took a birthday ride up Figueroa Mountain Road today to see the after effects of the 40,000 acres burned in the Lake Fire.

Road 140 miles today around Santa Barbara County, temps from 70 to 100 going over San Marcos Pass and then back on the coast in Goleta it was 72, I love the coast!!

Here are a few pictures from Figueroa Mountain.

PXL_20240805_205049101.jpgPXL_20240805_204247076.MP.jpgPXL_20240805_203622041.jpgPXL_20240805_202922957.MP.jpgPXL_20240805_202301825.MP.jpgPXL_20240805_202251712.jpgPXL_20240805_202241232.jpg

Not been feeling brilliant the last few days, so it was just a little evening bimble to West Linton and back today, after a lazy morning of reading and an afternoon of cycling. I think it was a shade under 30 miles. Bestie and I spent a lovely few days in the Lake District a fortnight ago so I'll dig out some pics in due course.

IMG_20240811_192901897_HDR~3.jpg

Camping Gilman City Park, Wisconsin…

53917235790_5cc81a9d25_c.jpg

Gilman Grand Central Station, great burgers and beer; not too particular about clientele…

53915902337_72e2ea7cb9_c.jpg

Well, it was Saturday, not today, but I took a modified version of what's called the "nickel and dime" ride around here, which is to take rt. 5 from Richmond to the east, cross the James River on the Jamestown Ferry, and ride back west on rt. 10, but I find the western part of rt. 10 to be tedious and boring.

So, after breakfast at Waffle House, I rode through the city to rt. 5 and rode east, crossed the river on the rt. 156 bridge, continued east on rt. 10 to the ferry, crossed over south-to-north on it, and rode all the way back in on rt. 5, which is one of the nicest roads around here for a leisurely afternoon ride.

See map here.

IMG_2827[1].JPG IMG_2832[1].JPG

IMG_2829[1].JPG IMG_2828[1].JPG

Last edited:
Just a short 300km run around my favourite twisty loop (Hunua, Mercer, Waingaro Springs, Pukemiro, Rotongaro and Glenmurray for any locals) in slightly nippy conditions; perfectly pleasant on the ST and I remain highly impressed by the T32 tyres.IMG_6570.JPG
I agree. I didn't have to ride very long before I realized the 32s are way better than the original OEM tires.

"If I leave here tomorrow
would you still remember me?

For I must be traveling on, now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see....

'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you cannot change
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
And the bird you cannot change
And this bird you cannot change
Lord knows I can't change

Lord, I can't change
Won't you fly high, free bird, yeah..."

Lynyrd Skynyrd band 1973.

I had a great ride today, I saw 73' just as I left town this morning and after the normal 90's lately it felt cold riding in the mesh gear. of course it was 102 just at the river in Mobile coming home. I've been hearing the Freebird tune between my ears a bunch lately which put this place to ride in my sights.

The Lynyrd Skynyrd airplane crash site memorial is something to see, all of it paid for by the fan club. It's literally out in the countryside of MS. and they had a popup shade shelter with an electric fan and two lawn chairs in case anyone got hot out there in the humid air. Good ride today, 528 miles round trip filled the ticket perfectly today for a good long day ride.

IMG_4794.jpeg

Last edited:
Black Pearl seems to have gained a lot of weight since March.

Black Pearl seems to have gained a lot of weight since March.
Yes she fully clothed again now. I was giving her the annual winter go over and I rode it a few miles to check for oil leaks under her unders.

Click on the post number at the upper right and copy that link to post a single post link Paul. I sure wish I could make it over to your island Paul. I'd beg you hard for a ride on a real ST over there. HI is the only state I haven't rode an ST around.

I rode up to BAMA! today. Vredenburgh area where they have these things we don't have around here called curves. I rode around that area about 60 miles just enjoying leaning over a bit.

I stopped and took a picture of this unusual post office in Vredenburgh ALA. This old post office still uses the pigeon hole type key boxes located right there on the front porch. I walked up the porch to take a picture and the post mistress yelled out from inside HELLO!. I asked and she said the boxes are indeed still in regular use. I haven't seen many of those type pigeon hole boxes lately. Maybe the mail inside the boxes will be visible in my small pic.

Look @Willsmotorcycle no bags!

IMG_4802.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom