Where did you ride today?

Looks big bike friendly.
What are you riding?
2023 Aprilia Tuareg 660.

Yesterday I rode the last leg of my trip to WeSTOC, 4861 miles total and 7 states. My Super Ténéré now has 105,311 miles on it. Not a hiccup on the trip, though the aftermarket STS turn signal cancelling system went off line for a day or so. The bike didn’t even use any oil on the trip. What a machine! I did miss the weather protection of the ST a couple of times though.

I see the "What did you do to your ST today?" thread is up to 365 pages. Maybe it's time we have an ongoing "Where did you ride today?" thread. It might be nice to hear where and how long other ride when you get a chance to ride.

You ride to work? You go for a short day ride? You just back from a long ride?

We may as well start a thread an tell each other how great any ride we had was when we ride.

I just did a short get out and about 20 mile ride. I rode down Pensacola's Scenic Highway which meanders down the western edge of Escambia bay Florida. Looped back through town and back to the house. The old ST1300 is running fine and the weather was blue skies and near 85 degrees. Great day for a ride.
A ride to work and back home. But, any day on two wheels is better than four!

Smaller dogs can have some advantages, particularly whilst perched upon or atop a motorcycle.
Larger dogs can have some other advantages, such as having to ride in a trailer or sidecar, leaving more room for me.
And not being on the seat behind me, I don't have to wipe dog slobber off my clothes.
BIG advantage, that one.

Tried to go up to Stanley Idaho on Hwy 21, made it about 90 miles in and the road was closed due to a fire. Well it is a good road so I turned around and road it the opposite direction. You could cut the smoke as it was so thick due to an inversion layer.

Here are a couple of pictures.

PXL_20240821_184057990.jpgPXL_20240821_174916744.jpg

I'd love to live in your neck of the woods Chuck. Your frequent rides in the mountains always look great.
Thanks. Takes me about 40 min to get across town into the foothills. Unfortunately I live on the south east side of Denver Metro

I'd love to live in your neck of the woods Chuck. Your frequent rides in the mountains always look great.
Only thing is, those frequent (motorcycle) rides in the mountains are quite a bit less frequent when it snows.
And he DOES get snow.
Another tradeoff... great for skiing, sucks for riding.

Only thing is, those frequent (motorcycle) rides in the mountains are quite a bit less frequent when it snows.
And he DOES get snow.
Another tradeoff... great for skiing, sucks for riding.
I have my winter routes laid out. They are South and East of where I live. Sometimes even able to get into the foothills a couple of weeks after it snows. With my electric gear I can ride mostly year around. Just got to pick the right times in the winter.

I had to move the '12 :dr13: to get to some stuff on the shelves, so I decided to take it for a spin around the neighborhood (8 miles worth) before putting it back.

Back
Top Bottom