Great Radio!!!

H20SKIER,

I can't answer your question, but I have some for you:
1. How long is the cable on the REM45 remote?
2. Where did you mount the remote?
3. Did you create your own mounting bracket?
4. Based on your comment, I assume the display light is always on?
5. How did you connect power, yellow wire to always on power, red wire to switched power?
6. How did you connect ground, directly to the battery? The MBB2 manual does suggest connecting to the battery.
7. Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,
tman

Cable is only about 1 foot but it comes with a 8 foot cable as well.
remote mounted on left clutch res. with home made bracket.
backlight is only on when power on.
yellow wire to battery, red to aux fuse next to fuse box and is switched
ground to chassis connected with wire from battery neg.
I will try to send a picture but have had no luck in the past with pics on here.
I'll try later tonight.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the info.

If you don't mind, a couple more questions:
1. I was told this radio comes with a plug and a pigtail that would allow you to connect to your bike and still use the std plug that comes on the radio. Is this true?
2. Did you cut holes in the front or rear (or both) of your left fairing pocket?

Regarding posting pictures. I think it is sometimes a size limitation. I usually cut my pictures down to 800x600 or 640x480 to avoid this type of issue.

Thanks,
tman

I'm not sure I understand you plug question? The unit comes with a wire harness similar to any car radio with wires to splice or use connectors that you put on . It also has a plug inline so you can make all your connections than plug into the radio.
The only hole I put in my fairing pocket was for the extra wire from the radio box(which is in the rear tail of my bike) to plug into my I-Pod if I want.
I like having my pocket empty so I can use it for wallet, cell phone I-Pod etc.

Look at the link for the radio on boaters world and it pretty much shows everything. (link is on first post)

I am going to mount mine in the left fairing pocket, and I am going to mount the Remote on top of the left fairing pocket. With this setup I will not need to use the 8ft extension.

Well I got my radio installed and took a test drive today. The remote is very small and I like it. The control buttons are easy to work and read. The sound (in my helmet speakers) is great. The only thing so far that might be an issue is the display is pretty bright and I don't think you can dim it, but I have not tried it at night yet. I am getting some static when i rev, not engine noise? this was happening with the other radio as well, I may net to us a different power or ground.
Anyone else have theirs in yet??

Some Questions:

1. Are you using an intercom, if so which one?
  2. Did you use a reduction transformer to cut down the output levels if not tied to high watt speakers?
  3. Which Antenna are you running?

No Intercom, yet.
No reduction transformer
small rigid antenna, looks like the old cell antennas mounted on cars. Works well and does not flop around like the rubber ones.

I managed to hide the extra 8' calbe iside my handlebar cover!! I still need to get my Sirius reciever so I can get rid of my Sporster replay off the right brake res. this will leave only my small remote showing. I hate lots of gadgets showing but I like having gadgets!!!! I will probably end up with a GPS on the right side someday.

No Intercom, yet.
No reduction transformer
small rigid antenna, looks like the old cell antennas mounted on cars. Works well and does not flop around like the rubber ones.

I managed to hide the extra 8' calbe iside my handlebar cover!! I still need to get my Sirius reciever so I can get rid of my Sporster replay off the right brake res. this will leave only my small remote showing. I hate lots of gadgets showing but I like having gadgets!!!! I will probably end up with a GPS on the right side someday.

:worthless

Got word from Boaters World yesterday that my radio has shipped. Now, the race is on to see if it'll get here and get installed before I leave for WeSTOC on Thursday.

Headed to the garage now to install speakers and antenna.

Coffee club: I lied, looks like the wiring ain't done after all!

Speakers are installed, just waiting for the radio to arrive. All the rest of the Tupperware is in place, but gotta remove the fake tank top again to install the straps for the new tank bag. If _it_ arrives in time! Nothing like the last minute to get'er done. :)

sorry!!!! I'll try to make it happen tomorrow night, Leaving for BB King concert in a few minutes!!!!

Say hello to Lucille for me!

Just checked my shipping tag and my radio is in Kingman, just not at my house yet. I like UPS, Fed Ex not so much.

Radio arrived, all wired up, no sound! I assumed (ya, I know) that my speakers equipped with RCA plugs would connect to the Front Line Out RCA plugs. Nothing happens.

So, I guess I gotta cut the plugs off the speakers and stake connections to the multi-pin white/white-black and gray/gray-black wires.

I'm gonna test with an off-line speaker first to make sure things work.

Someone who's already done it please write back _quick!_. I'm leaving here in less than 12 hours, with or without the radio.

Radio is installed and the rest of the bike is ready except for tire pressure.

The "standard" speaker wires work fine. Still don't know what "line out" is for.

Put the radio head down between the headlight and back of the dash. Good tight fit, it ain't gonna move.

Mounted the remote just below the clock on the right above the the pocket. Drilled a large hole so the back side can sit flush, with the control lead snaked thru to back of the head unit.

Haven't finalized the antenna location. Anyone know if an amplified antenna needs to be stretched out or is all that extra wire just extra?

Enjoy your trip George, Talk to you when you get back!!

I'll be on-line intermittently during the trip. I like to stop at the small town libraries and log on every couple days. On-the-road reports (with pics) to follow.

Hi-Ho, STick!!

Yoicks,

I started installing my radio. I decided to mount the controller on top of the left pocket. I made gaskets out of 2mm and 8mm black foam. I used two thickness of the 8mm as as washers under each screw. a single thickness of 2mm as a washer around the 1 inch hole cut for the cable. The different thickness are used because the pocket lid has a slight curve. I used 8x32x1/2in pan head machine screws to attach the mounting plate.

In this location, with my hieght, the contrller is just visible under the grip. An added bonus I didn't plan for is that the controller seems to be in the shadow of the grip when riding in the sun. This made the display easier to see and will keep some of the heat off.

Attachments

• IMAGE_00056.jpg
    IMAGE_00056.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMAGE_00055.jpg
    IMAGE_00055.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMAGE_00054.jpg
    IMAGE_00054.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Back