Great Radio!!!

I have been asked how I mounted my Honda Speaker boxes in the fairing. I used jack screws, I think 1/4". I needed to drill out the two holes, 3/8 bit, on the side of the speaker boxes so the jack screws would just fit. I also purchased bolts, I think 1/4" x 1/2" long phillips head. The speakers themselves were held in place by speed nuts. I put a small knot in the wire to keep the wire from pulling on the speakers. the wire comes about 2 inches out of the box. I used 2 pin Hitachi connectors on the wires. I installed the Polk speaker foam available from Crutfield in the boxes. I used the J type speed nuts mentioned above to mount the speakers. The wires from both boxes then run to a 9 pin hitachi I connected to the radio black box. This hitachi is where I bring both speaker signals out to the speakers. The Aux In to the radio, and the rear speaker signals out to the Starcom1.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

this Jensen model JHD910 look really cool and what we need to connect into intercom system

I have an autocom...to connect to that all you need is a certain cable...sorry can't remember what one it is...but a dealer should be able to tell you which one it is. it'll connect right to the speaker cables.

oups sorry ST dan for my poor english, I wrote
this Jensen model JHD910 look really cool and what we need to connect into intercom system

But instead you need to read
this Jensen model JHD910 look really cool and IS what we need to connect into intercom system

TiMax... do you have a source for these??? It looks interesting.

source is Asaelectronics, because I asked info's about MSR2007 and they answer me

Thank you for your inquiry. The MSR2007 is a two part system. The first is the waterproof commander, the second is the remotely mounted tuner/amplifier unit. The commander will not work without the tuner/amplifier unit. I recommend taking a look at our JHD910 weatherproof mini AM/FM/WB stereo with audio AUX input. This might be better for suited for your needs.

Thank you,
Genio Pequeno
Technical Services
ASA Electronics
www.info@asaelectronics.com

I think JHD910 is really cool, it has all functions we need, is small, waterproof, with lights, stations memory, input and output and is just a one piece, it doesn't need external box

I found info's about prices here

http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/Je...f-Mini-Am-Fm-Wb-Stereo-With-Audio-Aux-In.aspx

and here

http://www.mawonline.com/newsite/jensen-_miscellaneous.htm

source is Asaelectronics, because I asked info's about MSR2007 and they answer me

I think JHD910 is really cool, it has all functions we need, is small, waterproof, with lights, stations memory, input and output and is just a one piece, it doesn't need external box

I found info's about prices here

http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/Je...f-Mini-Am-Fm-Wb-Stereo-With-Audio-Aux-In.aspx

and here

http://www.mawonline.com/newsite/jensen-_miscellaneous.htm

I think you will find the JHD910 is weak for our application. The datasheet indicates it is only 15 watts per channel. My JBL is 40 watts per channel and I can hear clearly through the dash speakers upto 95 mph. The JHD910 would work if you are only going to use a helmet headset.

The Advantage of the JBL is it works for both. I adjusted the front to back fade to14 front. This splits the power correctly so I am not driving too much into the intercom, but I still have clear sound if I am not using my helmet headset. As I have said before. If you ride recreationally then hooking up your helmet headset cable to the bike when you want to hear the radio is ok. However, if you are using you ST as a daily driver, you don't always want to have to hook up the helmet to the bike.

Last edited:
I think you will find the JHD910 is weak for our application. The datasheet indicates it is only 15 watts per channel. My JBL is 40 watts per channel and I can hear clearly through the dash speakers upto 95 mph. The JHD910 would work if you are only going to use a helmet headset.

I spent some time going through the Jensen documentation and had similar concerns. They list the power as 15 watts TOTAL MAXIMUM power, which probably means 7.5 Watts at the most per channel and more like 5 watts rms. Then they list the impedance at 4-8 ohms and so the power could even be less depending on where they rank that power and what load you are driving.

There are also a few other basic specs missing, such as Distortion and Audio Bandwidth. I am less than enthusiastic about any audio unit that won't list those basic specs. They don't look like they are marketing this unit to audiophiles anyway. :rolleyes:

Interesting points.... (I don't know enough about these details and appreciate this data).

What if it is plugged into an Amplirider? Or some other booster? Would that help?

Nope, that will really distort the signal.

So far the JBL unit looks better to me.

What I do like about the Jensen is the Weather Band and Weather Band priority. That's Kewl!.

If you want an alternative to the JBL, I would look at the JENSEN MSR2007

Personally I will stick with the JBL, I am looking at up grading to the MB3 black box. This unit is still compatible with my MC19 controller and harness I fabricated for my ST, just plug it in. I then get 1g of MP3 in the radio plus full IPOD control.

this is fun LOL, I have just ask to Jensen Tech if they have also a version WITHOUT 15 w output eheh, I don't want it with 15w amp radio because in this way it need just more power, I don't want to listen radio from speakers, I'm thinking to remove my speakers because I never use them, I want only output for my Autocom and listen radio, Zumo GPS, cell, intercom in my helmet, now with wires and Autocom, in future maybe with some Bluetooth system, somethink like that http://www.benchmarkhelmets.com/ wireless

What I think is that, if someone want to listen radio from speakers and need more power, they maybe can just connect a good amp, but with 4" speakers I'm not sure what you can get.

I was wondering if anyone had bought the stock speaker boxes for the st1300 lately. I cant seem to find them anywhere on the internet. I havnt yet went to the dealer to ask but thats the next step. Any suggestions?

I was wondering if anyone had bought the stock speaker boxes for the st1300 lately. I cant seem to find them anywhere on the internet. I havnt yet went to the dealer to ask but thats the next step. Any suggestions?

The only source for the speaker boxes, no Honda Wiring and mounting hardware, is David Silver spares, here is the ordering info. See earlier posts in this thread for how to mount the boxes in the bike and how to mount the speakers in the boxes. Prices may have changed, send a email to them requesting a quote:

Part number 1: 08A54-MCS-80001 - to order from Honda @ ?6.38.

Quantity 1: 1

Part number 2: 08A54-MCS-80002 - to order from Honda @ ?6.38.

Quantity 2: 1

Prices exclude VAT @ 17.5% (if applicable) and postage.​
Order from:

David Silver Spares Ltd
PH: +44(0)1728 833020
FAX: +44(0)1728 832197
www.davidsilverspares.co.uk

Thanks very much for the response, but I did look at the website and put the part numbers in the search and they didnt yeild any results. I also just looked at all the parts listed for the st1300 and it they werent in there. Maybey there are no longer available there? Thanks again.

Thanks very much for the response, but I did look at the website and put the part numbers in the search and they didnt yeild any results. I also just looked at all the parts listed for the st1300 and it they werent in there. Maybey there are no longer available there? Thanks again.

They have never been posted on the website. The only way to get them is to email for a quote then call the order in.

On one of your previous posts you said that you could. I don't see why you couldn't connect the front and rear speaker outputs in a voltage doubler configuration (negative to negative) and drive the speaker with the 2 positive output wires. Im sure you have good reason for telling me this though, did you learn otherwise after posting that?

On one of your previous posts you said that you could. I don't see why you couldn't connect the front and rear speaker outputs in a voltage doubler configuration (negative to negative) and drive the speaker with the 2 positive output wires. Im sure you have good reason for telling me this though, did you learn otherwise after posting that?

I spoke with the product engineer at JBL. It is also in the instructions that come with the unit. Sorry for the previous post.

Back
Top Bottom