CrazyKZ (Curt Gran) - 6/16/2012

His Cousin mentioned on Curt's FB page that he would post when services will be. Of course like mentioned we would want to know the family's wishes as well.

I love that pic. If I recall that was taken when he got good news about his standings.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

We (the mods) have put together an event in late August to remember Curt and would like to encourage as many of you to participate as possible: CLICKY.

--Mark

Too bad there aren't any Waffle House chains on the left coast. Oh well, passenger pegs are down till I ride up to Portland. RIP!

We (the mods) have put together an event in late August to remember Curt and would like to encourage as many of you to participate as possible: CLICKY.

--Mark

My condolences to his family...met him a couple times at moonshine and was always amazed how far he could ride. RIP

In his honor I'll do a ss1k to the waffle house. I'll plan it tonight. Perfect for Curt.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Prayers & condolences to his family. Always sad to hear of a rider passing unexpectedly and even moreso when it is one you knew or have met.

I first saw Curt at the IBR checkpoint in Santa Ana in '09 & again at the finish in Ontario last year. Like every one in the ST-Owners community, I was rooting for him to do well--and he did!!!

He is riding with some of his best buds up there right now....

So I have hesitated to post/write my feelings, as that would mean that this is not a bad joke, and that Curt is really gone??.. Last night is when this REALLY started to sink in?.

We all will miss Curt, it is a true loss for all the folks that he touched, and many that only knew him by his giving deeds.

I first met Curt via STO in late 2007 or early 2008. I had a few friends ride the MN1K and I was there at the finish to watch all the folks come back in. I had been out of riding for a while and had just purchased a 1991 ST 1100.
As I started to talk about entering the 08 MN1K, and posted about looking for a riding partner, 2 new friends entered my life. Curt Gran, and Erik (EASt). Curt offered up many links to websites and sent different packets on rally planning to both Erik and I. He also suggested that we ride a 12 hour event as a warm-up, the Bonzai. He also offered to do a small routing class at his friend Gary?s house. So Curt rode 4 hours to meet us, gave of himself to Erik and I and at that point, I know I had meet someone special. I would jokingly call Curt my Rally-Dad, but it was also very true.

As I rode more rallies and Curt and I would always visit, we leaned on each other more and more. He was so creative and a great advocate for the LD community and others.
We developed a special mount for a tablet to help a young physically challenged girl communicate better. Parts for our bikes and the such.
He was fun to be with and had such a giving heart. His antics even after many miles and hours on a bike were always the best.
Curt was a fierce competitor and would create special tools to handle the daunting tasks of routing?. And then do something that no-one else would do, he would give you the tools, and taught you how to use them!!!!
Curt taught me his EZ-Bake at at least 3 sessions.

One of my highlights was when I actually beat him in a rally!! And Curt was so excited for me!!! It was fun, and we have participated in many events together since that first Bonzai.

About 3 weeks ago, my girlfriend Penny and I had dinner at the Bonzai with Curt and Cindy. I am so glad Penny had the chance to meet them. We joked and laughed and talked of an upcoming trips that were planned.
I think Cindy helped Penny calm down as this was her first rally with me. We had a great time, and of course C&C took home wood.

I last saw Curt on Friday night, after our dinner, the rally packs had been handed out. He was sitting on the bench under the pavilion, laptop open, working on his route, chewing the heck out of his fingernails. Classic Curt!
At first when he was not back, I thought he had had a bike issue, but then the announcement came. It was so surreal.

Please remember to circle around Cindy, as she will need our help and prayers for a long time to come. I have no idea of what she must be feeling right now. Cindy was the only thing that Curt loved more than his riding.

Godspeed my friend, you are truly missed??..

Rich

As I started to talk about entering the 08 MN1K, and posted about looking for a riding partner, 2 new friends entered my life. Curt Gran, and Erik (EASt). Curt offered up many links to websites and sent different packets on rally planning to both Erik and I. He also suggested that we ride a 12 hour event as a warm-up, the Bonzai. He also offered to do a small routing class at his friend Gary’s house. So Curt rode 4 hours to meet us, gave of himself to Erik and I ...

This was the first time you made me ride my ST on dirt roads, and not the last. But, I blame you for that, not Curt.

To echo your sentiments, Rich: Curt was one of those very rare, self-less people. I just couldn't believe someone could be so giving all the time.

For a long time I have been in ah of LD riders. I have watched as people I only know through the internet, compete and post about their ride…they have become my inspiration to complete my first SS1000 in 2011. Without ever meeting Curt, I donated to his 2007 IBA Rally. I did finally get a chance to meet him at the 2011 MLR. It was a brief meeting…I was lost for words…it was like meeting a superhero.

Although I have never participated in the MN1000, I wanted to feel a part of the rally. I decided to attend the awards banquet. The ceremony started with the shockingly sad news of Curt’s accident. There was an eerie silence as those in attendance struggled to process what they had just heard. Curt’s death hurts.

I admire the community of motorcycle riders more than I can ever put into words. It is a brotherhood/sisterhood that one must experience. My thoughts and prayers to Cindy, Curt’s family and all the members of this community who are hurting.

Copied from facebook -

The service will be held Saturday, June 30 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in LaCrosse at 11 AM. The address is 420 West Avenue South. This will be followed by a light lunch at the LaCrosse Center. Address is 300 Harborview Plaza in LaCrosse. I will pass along more details as I know them. Cindy may post something also.

----------
Charlie Clemmer
Chris, is the family ok with this information getting spread to the motorcycle forums where many of his friends are, or will this be family only?

Chris Gran
Charlie, the information I posted is for friends as well as family. There are other events we are not making public since they are family only. Also, keep in mind that the church normally seats 300 people although extra folding chairs can...See More

One of my favorite Facebook friends. Already miss his daily posts and photos! RIP
Louie

I found this on Facebook. I hope this is OK to post!

Thanks again to all of you who have posted your stories about my brother Curt. I wanted to pass along the basics about the funeral.

The service will be held Saturday, June 30 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in LaCrosse at 11 AM. The address is 420 West Avenue South. This will be followed by a light lunch at the LaCrosse Center. Address is 300 Harborview Plaza in LaCrosse. I will pass along more details as I know them. Cindy may post something also.
----------
6/22.... (STeve1300)
From Cindy Marshall

"Hi Steve,
I know there are going to be a lot of people riding to this funeral. I don't see a problem with this. The pastor suggested doing a planning to do a "procession" to the La Crosse Center where we will have the luncheon.
"

(and also)

"The La Crosse PD has been informed of our procession to the luncheon. You might want to allow plenty of time for your drive from the motel as La Crosse can be slow. "

My reply:
As for the procession, just point... We will respond. I was thinking that the motorcycles could lead, lights flashing,,,, or perhaps fall in directly behind you and family..... Whatever you think is appropriate.

From Chris Gran

"I'll leave it up to Cindy regarding her wishes. I will also speak with my mother tonight to get her opinion. We appreciate your sensitivity to the matter."

(and also)

"Steve, I spoke with my mother briefly and she'll go along with whatever Cindy thinks is appropriate"

I thanked Chris.

I also sent this note to Rebecca Vaughn------ "Hello Mis Adventure

I know you were always one of Curts closest friends. Over at ST-Owners, we have loosly organized a time and place (Super 8 Motel- 10AM) to have a group ride to the church for his funeral. We're also going to gather the nite before to reminisse. It would be wonderful if you could join us. I checked with Chris Gran, who checked with mom....and of course Cindy. They responded that they would also like a procession from the church to lunch. I don't know how many non-stoner friends of Curt's you could reach out to, but all would be welcome to ride in w/ our group..... and as far as the official procession, I told Cindy that where she points, we'll jump. I'll copy this to the ST-Owners thread you posted those wonderful pics on."

Sooooo friends..... I guess the next step is just to show up. See you there.

----------
6/21...
I am sorry to have to post something like this on email, as it so impersonal, but with so many people to contact, this seemed like a good way to get word out quickest. As most of you have probably read, Curt was tragically killed last Saturday, June 16th, while riding his motorcycle near Minot, ND. This is truly the darkest time in my life, but I find myself surrounded by so many good people, many of which are ones thankfully Curt brought into my life. My family and friends, your kind words, love and support you give me are helping me get through this one minute and a time. Curt was my “Hunnee,” my love, my shelter in the storms…my soul mate. He was loved by many, and I know will continue to be while he is in God’s loving care.

Come honor his life with us, as there is so much about him to cherish.
A Memorial Service will be held at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church at 420 West Ave South in La Crosse at 11:00 am on Saturday June 30th. A light lunch will follow. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Curt’s honor to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church or the charity of the donor’s choice. If you would like, you can share a special photograph (4x6 or smaller) to place in a collective photo album(s) we will have at the luncheon. You can also write something about the photo next to it if you'd like. There are so many wonderful photos that have been shared online, but this will give his family a tangible option for those who don't or can't access technology.

God Bless,
Cindy

I never met Curt but it is impossible to miss what a huge contribution he's made to the ST community. I had hoped to finally meet him at this year's Moonshine and express my gratitude for all he's added here...but, for what ever reason, I never did. My thoughts are with his family and his many friends here on the ST Forum.

In spite of how much fun I have on my bike, a loss like this makes me wonder if its really worth the sacrifices we all make.

Re: Curt Grans Furneral arangements

If there is a memorial fund. please post on the list. Did Curt have children? Dave B.

I know this picture is so sad, but I wanted to share it here. RIP, friends.
63539660_JjVhd-L.jpg

I don't know if I have a fav pic of Curt, but I'm been looking through my pictures a lot lately....

Colorado:
89663943_KFnEm-L.jpg

Wisconsin:
348847851_5Av8f-L.jpg

Between Alabama and Memphis:
289814039_ByhkD-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom