CrazyKZ (Curt Gran) - 6/16/2012

thanks for sharing Rebecca.
Been thinking allot of the first RTE I went to that I met anybody from ST-owners Back in 2006, that Curt organized in Galena...
They were all there!!...Had a great time!
I think we may have to get back there this year to reminisce!

Re: Curt Grans Furneral arangements

Since not everyone may be able to see Curt's FB Page, his brother Chris mentioned this in a reply to the post that Guy mentioned above.

A question was asked if this information could be passed on to MC forums for those that are interested in attending.

Charlie, the information I posted is for friends as well as family. There are other events we are not making public since they are family only. Also, keep in mind that the church normally seats 300 people although extra folding chairs can be provided. People can share their stories about Curt at the lunch. All of the information I have shared has been provided from my mother, not Cindy, and if some details have been miscommunicated I will post them on Curt's Facebook page as soon as possible. However, I wanted to make sure that people knew the date and locations so they can make travel arrangements.

I lost my brother in an airplane crash back in 1982. I had this inscribed on his headstone and I find comfort in it at these time when loved ones are lost.

On Death

Kahlil Gibran
You would know the secret of death.
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

Anyone want to share a room???

I was thinking about a room or camping but was assuming it was going to be in Milwaukee area. This is close enough and late enough in the morning that I might just run down that morning if I can work out the details.

I'm debating riding out there. If so, I would be looking to share a room for Friday night.

I will be headed back from OH-STOC and be there Fri eve. I don't know if I will camp or get a room but I will stay in touch here and deal with that as it gets closer.

Edit!

D'oh!!!

Kevin just called and opened my eyes to the fact that I am thinking a week off.
I will still be weighing the options for the 30th. LaCrosse is close enough that I may just do a round trip.

Last edited:

This is close enough and late enough in the morning that I might just run down that morning

I am trying to decide what I want to do that way.. I would like to just ride in the morning but I am sure there will be a get together also the night before! I am Cheap so this is the problem.

I am trying to decide what I want to do that way.. I would like to just ride in the morning but I am sure there will be a get together also the night before! I am Cheap so this is the problem.

So am I which is why I was looking at camping if it was in the Milwaukee area. Being it is near his home town, it makes it only a 3 hr ride down 61 which is a nice ride. For you it would be another couple hours tacked on. If you wanted you could stay and my place and if I can get away we can head out together. You could stay in the camper so you would have your own area and not impose. It would be free and not that far out of your way. Friday or Friday and Sat would be no problem. It doesn't help out much if there is more going on like the night before that you wanted to attend as you mentioned.

I mentioned it to Twinpine but he doesn't know if he can get away. Sounds like Mark is coming from the other direction.

Mark and I are sharing a room Fri night at the Super 8. I guess my plans are made! (But not in stone lol)

Rebecca, that first one sent the chills down my back. I can remember that day like it was yesterday.
Well now, this is what you get for encouraging me. Here's a few more.

Galena RTE:
80037560_RZEP9-L.jpg

Duluth:
80038274_Wz5i5-L.jpg

Moonshine 2006:
63540230_VXsDj-L.jpg

Final gas receipt for Hell Week (7 consecutive 1500 miles days - Curts is only the 2nd documented ever). I think he looks damn good.
622497492_JGjqs-L.jpg

I still don't understand it, but he said you all do this here:
63539215_4JEQH-L-1.jpg

IBA modeling, CO, 2010:
967481717_hUhP9-L-1.jpg

Oh gee, Curt's on his laptop and drinking a latte?? And helping at a rally (or on someone else's bike)?? No way! [/sarcasm]
967477302_o6Ea3-L-1.jpg

Burger in Memphis cooked in 100+ year old grease. He said it was OK. I didn't partake.
289829952_4roax-L.jpg

Pie. In Lavaca, AL the evening before the Catfish RTE:
289783519_KFU3y-L.jpg

I'm so fortunate to have known and been able to ride around with Curt the last few years. Thank you for letting me share a bit of our friendship here.

Last edited:
Rebecca,
Thanks for sharing your photos.The special friendship shared is obvious. You can just tell by the way he lets you capture his personality. It's like the camera isn't there and we are seeing Curt through your eyes. Thanks for sharing these special moments...

Rebecca Vaughn
some bikes
some numbers

That's funny. Curt surrounded himself with great people, no doubt including you.

Love the shot of him on the alpine slide. As with us all, he liked to move. I say that as I get ready to roll...rear pegs down in Curt's honor, a piece of Curt managing my bikes electron flow, the spirit of Curt on my six.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom