CrazyKZ (Curt Gran) - 6/16/2012

I noticed Curt had veterans tags on his bike...can somebody tell me what branch he was with...I am taking a ride on the day of his funeral with my ALR group I wish to fly his service flag on my bike that day.

Navy, I'm pretty sure.

I hope that all his family and firiends find resignation, at this time of difficult. All my friends are shocked about this. A fallen rider will always be remembered. From Mexico, we send our prayers to all of you.
Be good...

Shock, disbelief, then anger that Curt was taken from us when I found out yesterday, but today, I've settled into the acceptance that we have lost another icon in this group. I struggled with attending his service, but finally decided taking Renee's Mom to Nashville for a procedure on her brain aneurysm was more important. RIP Curt, you will be missed.

I thought I had already posted this, but apparently not. I'm officially in for the funeral, I got next Friday off. If anyone wants to share a room Friday night, please let me know.

I also have an extra MLR shirt from this year, size 2xl, that I'll happily loan out and will bring it with me.

I should be arriving Friday afternoon or early evening, depending on how long I have to stop for a nap...I'll be leaving right after work on Thursday.

I'm planning to be there and take the handoff of the Pony Express / STOC tag to get it to Tucson.

@nhdiesel, I'd be interested in the shirt if no one else has dibs.

Thanks!

Raven, I'll have the shirt & STOC tags for you when I get there. I'll PM you my cell number.

Forgive the repost, but this is a link to a blog posting from an employee of Dunn Bros coffee, where Curt was a regular:
http://poetryslittleghost.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/loss-part-two/

It mentions a memorial at the coffee shop. I went there yesterday for my own decaf mocha latte no whip (iced for me) and wanted to share it with you all - it's right next to the cash register. The paper taped on the counter is what Cindy posted here - the blogger Shannon has obviously checked in here.
CurtMochaLatte-L.jpg

Shannon, if you want a color version, there is one posted earlier in this thread. Or email/message me and I'll email you the original file.

Will be riding up from the Milwaukee area...unsure if I'll break away to be there Friday night or arrive Saturday AM in time to join the parade from the Super 8.

Being (fairly) local, let me know if there is anything needed...it's only 3 1/2 hrs or so up to La Crosse...not even a full tank!

Ride safe, people....

I just found out about this sad turn of events today. So I made time to go for a ride, passenger pegs down.

I'm riding Angeles Crest, East to West, and the road is blocked for about 30 minutes, somewhere in the middle. Rider down, taken away on the helicopter. Rumor is that he did not make it.

Be careful out there!

steve

Curt's obituary was posted in todays Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and in the LaCrosse Tribune and can be found here.

Note: The link to the JS obit is not available yet. There is a nice picture of Curt in the Tribune obit that does not show up using IE9 but does show up using other browsers.

Thanks for posting that. I didn't know Curt had family in Columbia, MD. I did the latter half of my growing up there.

--Mark

Back
Top Bottom