May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
May the raindrops fall lightly on your fields,
May the soft winds freshen your spirit,
May the sunshine brighten your heart,
May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand!

INVICTUS

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

I've made it to Liberal, KS tonight (Thurs 6/28) and should make it in sometime tomorrow night.

@nhdiesel - if it's really late tomorrow night when I get in, we can connect Saturday morning for the Pony Express/TAG exchange.

I have my Summation Kevin if you want to.leave yours. I had Jim in mind when I packed it. I shoulda said something I guess.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Ride in peace, Curt.

Update on the stickers. I found my ink wasn't waterproof, and waterproof ink for my printer was going to be $75!!! So I called a local graphics company who is going to make 100 of these for me for $25. I know there will be more demand than that, but that is a start, and they can make more. Besides the ones that are already spoken for, I should have around 80 of them with me at the funeral. I won't be charging for them, but if anyone wants multiple stickers, I just ask for a very small donation toward the cost of having them made- basically just cover the cost of 25 cents a sticker if you want multiple stickers. If more are wanted after these are gone, I'll have them made up and will bring them to any events I go to. Here is what I submitted after changing the font to something that is more clear when printed.

logo_tn.gif

I'll start making a list. For those who want them, please PM me with the following info:

-How will you get them? At the funeral, by mail, or at a future event (I'll be at NNE Stoc, CT Stoc, and Blue Ridge Gathering). I'll put your stickers aside to be sure they are saved.

Please PM me the info so we don't water down this thread. Thanks.

There was a minor issue with the stickers. Their printer somehow darkened them a bit, and made the blue color a little bit on the purple side. I'll make sure this is taken care of for the next batch. I'll have these with me for those who don't mind them, otherwise you can wait for the next batch.

Consider these Paid for Jim...don't worry about collecting donations. I'll cover the printing costs.

I am at McD's in La Crosse with the new tags... I'll roll over to Super 8 soon's I get done here. Need to pass the tags to someone who's staying, I gotta roll back toward Chi.

I will be leaving Watertown SD about 6:30PM heading to La Crosse to bug RedST05 and Bigmak96 about 1:00AM. See you all in the Morning.:cry:

You all be safe on your trips. My passenger pegs have been down since his passing and will be down until after the services on Saturday.

God Speed!

I got a little donation toward this batch, and I'm covering the rest. How about you cover the next batch? They are going quickly, we'll need more.

Jim

George, I got the new tags and added them with the others. Its sad to see so many. I did a SS1k on the way out- 1320 miles- if I didn't need the 2 hours sleep on the ST in NY...or Burger King or Cracker Barrel stops...or 2 hours in Chicago traffic...LOL...a BBG would have been doable!

DSCN0905.jpg

Re: CrazyKZ (Curt Gran) - 6/17/2012

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I met Curt in the early years of his ST career at the first CampSTOC in 2005. It was my first mountain riding experience and I was somewhat out of my comfort zone. I was following Curt and bringing up the rear on a very technical set of roads in Arkansas, it was all I could do to pick the line I needed to stay alive. I looked ahead at Curt and he was steering with his left hand and holding his right hand out to stroke the flowers growing out of the rocks next to the road as he passed by. What can I say... the boy was a natural.

GodSpeed Curt.

:-(

Re: Curt Grans Furneral arangements

NHDiesel is still looking for a room share if you guys can help. I have his cell if needed.

Sorry I didn't update...I have a room, all set. Thanks Larry for putting the word out.

Back
Top Bottom