CrazyKZ (Curt Gran) - 6/16/2012

I am hoping Rich get done with work early on Friday, so we can take off and get there earlier than 9 pm.. but we will see everyone at the super 8 that is staying there.

I saw the pic of Curt at the top of the page and didn't understand until I saw this post. What a loss. My prayers go to his family.

Stew(Stew1300) and I have a room at the Super 8. Wish we were riding for a different reason. I like the idea of wearing the Moonshine shirt, seems appropriate to me. i think Curt would like that.
John
JC

Got time off from work and a kitchen pass. I'll be there.

As a tribute to Curt, I will be riding a SS1000 and dedicating the ride to him. It is 1014 miles.
I have always thought about becoming a member of the IBA and talked with Curt several times about it.

Raven, PM sent.

I'll be running this decal on my bike (just need to adjust the font so it prints better). Once I make sure my ink & vinyl material hold up in the weather, I'll happily make them up for anyone who wants one, or if you have the material and printer, feel free to print it yourself. I simply added the text to Curt's logo.

curtrip.gif
I'd like to buy a few, please.

Re: Curt Grans Furneral arangements

Hi Everyone,
I am Cindy, Curt's wife. I just wanted to thank all of you for your many, many kind words and support. I understand there is a memorial fund that has been set up, and I also thank you all deeply for your generous donations. I especially want to thank Joe Denton, Lisa Erbes, and Jeff Fremder for setting this up. Curt has left me in the hands of very wonderful people. I am a rookie to posting things out on these forums, so if I should be posting this somewhere else on this site to make sure all read it, please somebody let me know. God Bless.
With sincere gratitude, love, and respect,
Cindy

Curt was a wonderful person Cindy...as you know better than all of us. I hope you can find some comfort knowing just how far and wide he touched people with his smile, advice and love of riding. Some people will never touch so many as he did. Though he may no longer ride with us here on earth, he rides within each of us everyday. So know that Curt is never far from you as we are never far from you. Anything you need...you know where we can be found.

My deepest sympathies to you.

No buying necessary...if they work out in the weather, you...and anyone else who wants one...will get one.

Re: Curt Grans Furneral arangements

Curt was a wonderful person Cindy...as you know better than all of us. I hope you can find some comfort knowing just how far and wide he touched people with his smile, advice and love of riding. Some people will never touch so many as he did. Though he may no longer ride with us here on earth, he rides within each of us everyday. So know that Curt is never far from you as we are never far from you. Anything you need...you know where we can be found.

My deepest sympathies to you.

So well said!! My sentiments exactly!

6/22....
From Cindy Marshall

"Hi Steve,
I know there are going to be a lot of people riding to this funeral. I don't see a problem with this. The pastor suggested doing a planning to do a "procession" to the La Crosse Center where we will have the luncheon."

(and also)

"The La Crosse PD has been informed of our procession to the luncheon. You might want to allow plenty of time for your drive from the motel as La Crosse can be slow. "

My reply:
As for the procession, just point... We will respond. I was thinking that the motorcycles could lead, lights flashing,,,, or perhaps fall in directly behind you and family..... Whatever you think is appropriate.

From Chris Gran

"I'll leave it up to Cindy regarding her wishes. I will also speak with my mother tonight to get her opinion. We appreciate your sensitivity to the matter."

(and also)

"Steve, I spoke with my mother briefly and she'll go along with whatever Cindy thinks is appropriate"

I thanked Chris.

I also sent this note to Rebecca Vaughn------ "Hello Mis Adventure

I know you were always one of Curts closest friends. Over at ST-Owners, we have loosly organized a time and place (Super 8 Motel- 10AM) to have a group ride to the church for his funeral. We're also going to gather the nite before to reminisse. It would be wonderful if you could join us. I checked with Chris Gran, who checked with mom....and of course Cindy. They responded that they would also like a procession from the church to lunch. I don't know how many non-stoner friends of Curt's you could reach out to, but all would be welcome to ride in w/ our group..... and as far as the official procession, I told Cindy that where she points, we'll jump. I'll copy this to the ST-Owners thread you posted those wonderful pics on."

Sooooo friends..... I guess the next step is just to show up. See you there.

Steve

6/22....
From Cindy Marshall

"Hi Steve,
I know there are going to be a lot of people riding to this funeral. I don't see a problem with this. The pastor suggested doing a planning to do a "procession" to the La Crosse Center where we will have the luncheon."

(and also)

"The La Crosse PD has been informed of our procession to the luncheon. You might want to allow plenty of time for your drive from the motel as La Crosse can be slow. "

My reply:
As for the procession, just point... We will respond. I was thinking that the motorcycles could lead, lights flashing,,,, or perhaps fall in directly behind you and family..... Whatever you think is appropriate.

From Chris Gran

"I'll leave it up to Cindy regarding her wishes. I will also speak with my mother tonight to get her opinion. We appreciate your sensitivity to the matter."

(and also)

"Steve, I spoke with my mother briefly and she'll go along with whatever Cindy thinks is appropriate"

I thanked Chris.

I also sent this note to Rebecca Vaughn------ "Hello Mis Adventure

I know you were always one of Curts closest friends. Over at ST-Owners, we have loosly organized a time and place (Super 8 Motel- 10AM) to have a group ride to the church for his funeral. We're also going to gather the nite before to reminisse. It would be wonderful if you could join us. I checked with Chris Gran, who checked with mom....and of course Cindy. They responded that they would also like a procession from the church to lunch. I don't know how many non-stoner friends of Curt's you could reach out to, but all would be welcome to ride in w/ our group..... and as far as the official procession, I told Cindy that where she points, we'll jump. I'll copy this to the ST-Owners thread you posted those wonderful pics on."

Sooooo friends..... I guess the next step is just to show up. See you there.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'm keeping the 1st post in this thread updated with any info as it's the one I linked to from the home page.

When Kevin texted me about Curt's misfortune, I felt dark and without emotion. I lost my oldest brother about 4 years ago, someone who had great impact on me and my younger brother and our motorcycling. I had the same feeling then, with someone who was incredibly close to me. While I didn't know Curt outside of seeing him at the MLR and here, I know that he was an important person in many people's lives. Here's a young man just a year younger than me that was taken away from us, his wife, and his family. Putting myself in Cindy's shoes, I can't even imagine what she is feeling having lost the love of her life, a man who was her "soulmate".

We ride, we adventure, we experience.. and you never know when it will end. Til then, enjoy.

Life.jpg

I noticed Curt had veterans tags on his bike...can somebody tell me what branch he was with...I am taking a ride on the day of his funeral with my ALR group I wish to fly his service flag on my bike that day.

I'll be riding down from the Twin Cities to attend, planning to meet the group at the hotel.

Andy

Last edited:
I'm officially in, so if someone wants to share a room Friday night let me know.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom