Where did you ride today?

Just got back from a twisty ride of 185 miles in length. I must say that the FJR handles much better than the Wing (at least has more ground clearance). I only drug my peg once of the FJR. Starting to get the feel for the bike much better now. We're bonding quite well. Didn't stop to take pics.
Mike

Darn.
Nobody never posts no BMW pitchers no more.
img_5240-jpeg.344099

I rode all over the place. Rode down to Helotes, TX to visit the grandkids. They sure liked the ST. Had lunch at High's in Comfort, TX. Had a nice Green Screen IPA in the Real Ale Brewing taproom in Blanco, TX then rode back to Comfort to attend a birthday party. After that I rode up to the South of Fredericksburg, TX and then went home to Kerrville to a very angry wife who I'd forgotten to call and was calling all our friends and local hospitals to see where I was. Uh-oh. Dog house for me, but it was incredibly nice riding today here in Texas Hill Country.

Emery and Maddie on the ST1100.JPG

I took a short ride across town to get a tank full of non-ethanol gas. I had been trying to run the bike out of gas since I was going to pull the fuel pump again. Since my parts are delayed (possibly due to the dock worker strike) I went ahead and filled it up again. I had 176 miles on the trip meter and the mileage turned out to be 36mpg. I have the FI air intake sensor warning code and the bike pops and farts on the over-run. I think it is running a little rich so I think that code may have something to do with it.

Did some local commuting. Started out going to "Encore", the seniors' group at church. Then to my 97 yr old FIL's place to drop off some food, then Costco.

Does my butt look big? (Careful on how you answer that! ;) )

1728441351860.png

I'll make a quick plug for Shad expandable cases. The top box is their 58X case. You can see on the side, the part that slides inside the top shell. Collapsed it is 43L. Expanded, it is 58L. And the intermediate configuration is about 53L.

The left side case is expanded to 38L, The right side case is in the collapsed configuration. I'd guess it is about 28L.
So when you want the carrying capacity, you can have it. But you don't have to live with it all the time. Only when you choose to.

I took off on Monday with some people who live up north of me. It was potentially the last great riding day of the year. November is our wettest month and that is only days away. So yesterday the temp in the lowlands was supposed to hit low 70s and clear sunny skies. The weather moved in so today we got some rain and the temps hit about 60. I decided I wanted to go out somewhere, and one of them texted me while I was trying to decide where. We ended up going to Artist Point at the end of the Mt. Baker Highway.

So many people come up to the parking lot at Artist Point, hit the smelly toilet, and head back down. I plan to spend hours there.

Mt. Shuksan in the background.

LT8qpGAl.jpg

Mt Baker. I met a woman here. She was trying to do a selfie, so I offered to take her picture at this spot. Nice lady. Turns out she was from Atlanta and is a flight attendant.
6K4ykTDl.jpg

I ended up walking out to that farthest group of trees before turning around. 10K steps for the day.

Et3z9Y9l.jpg

I met that lady I mentioned above when I got out there, and she walked back with me. She made my day. Just meeting someone by chance who is a nice person and her conversation on the way back made the return go fast and distracted me from the pain I was feeling on the last portion out to that turnaround spot. I had foot surgery in March and the surgeon said it would be a year before the swelling went away completely. On the way out, I knew I'd make it back to the car, but I also knew it might be extremely painful. Well, the conversation distracted me from noticing the pain and before long, we were back in the parking lot. God has sent angels out to protect me on different occasions like the accident on June 8th? Maybe she was one?

The clouds are coming in.

xm6EElkl.jpg

It is hard to grasp the immensity of the area. There are four hikers out there.
q83OmNIl.jpg

Rp5V52el.jpg

And even zoomed in like this, it is hard to see them.
OEbYBvWl.jpg

On the way back to the parking lot.
XmkNr27l.jpg

On the way home.
h8zPl9ml.jpg

Chris

Like I always said, one more can't hurt you... It was probably you Saldlsor that sealed my fate in buying this particular motorcycle, having weighed in on your experience and insight and expertise and skill and training and dicipline and opinion even, gosh, my criteria was that, it had to be a classic, an inline four, four valve, chain, water, around 1,000 cc, and not a cramped frame. I had no intention of even ever attempting to drive it, was gonna put it over the fireplace or my stuffed dog...

Attachments

• IMG_1759.JPG
    IMG_1759.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom