Where did you ride today?

Saturday I gassed up the V-Strom for my Ride today. Where did I ride today? Down along the River (South Platte). Left the house at 07:00, crossed Denver and and was down by the river at 08:15. Beautiful early morning glistening sunshine and gorgeous vegetation colors with the contrasting green of the pines trees and the blue of the morning sky. Plus no traffic this early. 133 miles, 4.5 hours of riding and numerous amounts of smiles.

SAM_8428.JPGSAM_8429.JPGSAM_8430.JPGSAM_8436.JPGSAM_8437.JPGSAM_8440.JPGSAM_8441.JPGSAM_8444.JPGSAM_8448.JPGSAM_8451.JPGSAM_8452.JPGSAM_8455.JPG

Last week bestie and I returned to the Lake District in England for a week of rain, sunshine, and quite a lot of gentle riding around the place. The going was pretty good on the whole, although my friend had to ride through a lot of rain on her way north to Keswick, while my ride south was dry but pretty cold. First stop for me was, as usual, Annandale Water services on the A74(M), which is about 90 minutes from Edinburgh. A big cup of hot chocolate hit the spot to recharge me for the rest of the ride.

and at our cottage in the middle of a forest:

We went for a train ride or two:

and did quite a lot of this sort of thing:

Saturday I gassed up the V-Strom for my Ride today. Where did I ride today? Down along the River (South Platte). Left the house at 07:00, crossed Denver and and was down by the river at 08:15. Beautiful early morning glistening sunshine and gorgeous vegetation colors with the contrasting green of the pines trees and the blue of the morning sky. Plus no traffic this early. 133 miles, 4.5 hours of riding and numerous amounts of smiles.

SAM_8428.JPGSAM_8429.JPGSAM_8430.JPGSAM_8436.JPGSAM_8437.JPGSAM_8440.JPGSAM_8441.JPGSAM_8444.JPGSAM_8448.JPGSAM_8451.JPGSAM_8452.JPGSAM_8455.JPG
What a beautiful ride and I like that bike. That's all I'd need around here.

I rode to Louisianna and Missississiisiippi, via ALABAMA!! and the home state Florida. Mostly around MS doing the courthouse picture thing. 5 more done.

It was one of those days. I was almost home on I10 when a concerned "other rider" in his car rolled up on me and stayed even with me in the left lane. He was frantically pointing and mouthing "You got a flat tar!! Your back tar is flat" clapping his hands flat. I motioned back a thumbs up and kept on going at a steady 70 mph. My car tire sure does raise some concerns from time to time going down the road.

The worst was once when a guy demanded I pull over so he could tell me I had a flat tire as we rolled along at 80 mph...

Thanks for the concern. ;)

No Tuesday Taco's today @ardykay54 but my metal drink cup I carry inside and fill often is paying off good lately. I think I'm hitting 50% or better with the clerks saying to me "A refill? Just go." Maybe it's my good looks......................

No Tuesday Taco's today @ardykay54
Even though it was National Taco Day I didn't make it out for tacos either :mad: .....tightened the chain, washed the bike, lubed the sticky ignition switch, rode a few miles to dry and warm up the chain, and lubed the chain.....Maybe I'll ride a little longer tomorrow and have tacos for supper at home:biggrin:...Russ.

I put 450 miles on the NC750X today, only 90 miles of which were Interstate. Rode up to The Mindoro Cut in of all places Mindoro WI. The Cut itself was nothing to see but the ride there and back was spectacular if a bit windy and cool. The NC750X is such a good bike. The parts that are lacking are easily overlooked by how pleasant it is to ride and the smile it puts on my face. Sorry no pictures didn't get off the bike much.

Got the new bike out on some twisty roads (125 miles). Reminds me quite a lot of the RS in ergonomics, power and handling. The FJR is heavier and top heavier than the RS but it holds two plus more gallons of fuel too, which is nice.

IMG_2495-XL.jpg

Mike

Not today and not the ST, but getting [more than] a few miles on the Blackbird since I switched the plate over. Sticking close to home, few hours at a time. Awesome bike.

BB.jpg
*sigh*
It is an amazing ride, and I still want another one.
Why are some people (ME) never satisfied?
(Just one more, ...right?)

Back
Top Bottom