Where did you ride today?

It looks like you handled it well Chris. I think good driving has taken a big dive this year. I've been passed twice in my own lane this year while riding down the interstate at the speed limit. It's not the least bit OK. I did call the law once. I was told not our juridiction by the first 2 agencies and the 3 said "you didn't get hit right so why are you calling?" and I hung up the phone.

Yesterday's ride from Mount Hamilton/James Lick Observatory, CA. Vlog, motorcycling starts: @4:42.

It’s a great area for folks who live in the Bay Area. Several canyon roads connect that way. When I lived there - many a run to and fro. Through the canyons in fall is the best. Nice piece - brought back good memories

Hi… I’m new here and this is my first post.
I don’t see an “introductions for new members” thread, but I did ride a 2007 Honda ST 1300 today, so I figured this is an appropriate place to post something.

I rode it as a test ride; it was FOR SALE and I’m in the market. Rode it for a total of about 35 miles, mostly on surface roads with a 35 to 45 mile an hour limit, but I did get on the interstate for just two exits worth of riding where I broke speed limit and got into the triple digits —just to see what that felt like on this sport-touring bike compared to my 1990s era 90s Honda Shadow 1100 cruiser.IMG_0471.jpegIMG_0475.jpeg

All of today’s riding was in Cumming, Buford, and Johns Creek— all northern suburbs of the metro Atlanta area.

I don’t see an “introductions for new members” thread, but I did ride a 2007 Honda ST 1300 today, so I figured this is an appropriate place to post something.

I rode it as a test ride; it was FOR SALE and I’m in the market. Rode it for a total of about 35 miles, mostly on surface roads with a 35 to 45 mile an hour limit, but I did get on the interstate for just two exits worth of riding where I broke speed limit and got into the triple digits —just to see what that felt like on this sport-touring bike compared to my 1990s era 90s Honda Shadow 1100 cruiser.IMG_0471.jpegIMG_0475.jpeg

All of today’s riding was in Cumming, Buford, and Johns Creek— all northern suburbs of the metro Atlanta area.
Welcome from N.C and thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a nice 'quick' ride on the ST.

Welcome to the site, maybe we'll see you at the GA Spring Rally in April

Ah well, so much for going to the London Sidecar Club Rally. Set off at 10am today for a nice leisurely bimble across to the other side of London, approx 140 miles.

Stopped at Beaconsfield Services for coffee and a bacon bap, all going great. Back on the outfit hit the M40 roundabout and..... crunch, graunch and Chris said did you miss a gear dear..... unfortunately not, something a bit more serious
1f629.png
No drive in the middle of the road, managed to paddle to the side of the road then Chris acted as the engine to get us to the truck park.
Sounds like either the shaft or bevel box decided to give up, and after trouble free Dutch (800 miles in May) and Scandinavian (2,500 miles in Septemember) trips too.

Still, the bonus was the sun was shining and we could get coffee and use the little boys room
1f606.png

Just arrived home after recovery with a brilliant driver who was expecting to collect a motorcycle, but found a weird outfit and trailer. He was so relaxed about it and great company en-route home.

Gotta keep smiling

She lives.. after virtually 12 months of sitting in the garage I had to put the rear wheel back in to move the outfit as we were having a new garage door fitted. Amazingly, after fitting a new rear drive unit but pondering whether I needed to check renew the shaft and UJ I got drive back with no strange noises from anywhere. Unfortunately, in the interim my MOT had expired (for non UK readers, that is our annual roadworthyness test) so now the bike was illegal to ride on public roads..... that meant anywhere beyond my driveway :( How do you check whether all works without being able to ride it!

So, sidecar off and MOT booked (we are allowed to ride to a MOT test). I take the sidecar off for MOT tests because the Flexit is fairly unique and can confuse the testers and because the UK rules are quite strange and treat the sidecar as an accessory, so you can MOT a solo and then fit a sidecar and it is still legal...... within the sidecar world this is always debated, but the law is clear to me and it does make life easier. So, off to the MOT centre and passes with flying colours... 31 years old and 165,000 miles.... phew. Then it went for a real test ride... hard acceleration and up to 70mph.... no strange noises so all seems good so far.

Now I just have to put the sidecar back on and recheck the drive system with the extra loading....

It was freezing cold here this morning (44) so I waited until it warmed up to good Florida temps before I left. :o-o: I rode over to Morrison Springs. Not a hot spring but a 250' deep natural spring. The water is 70 year round but it sure was clear. Only one couple on the pier in the cold temps (72). :D

IMG_5466.jpeg

IMG_5467.jpeg

Rode about 100 miles to test out the 1" bar risers that are now installed on the Yammie. Temps were 35 to 50 degrees. Had the heated jacket on but was only wearing shorts under the AD-1 pants and I could tell it wasn't quite enough for 35 degrees. I'm a little out of practice riding in the cold and I've forgotten what gear is needed for each temp (it's been five years). I guess it doesn't help that I keep changing bikes :biggrin: I will get it figured out. I do like riding when its cool for a change.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom