Where did you ride today?

One real easy way on your iPhone would be to make the route on a map then just screenshot your phone screen. On my iPhone ten press the right and left side buttons. A picture is saved of the screen

And then post that pic. Easy.

IMG_5258.png

He means record, as in keep track of, where he has ridden during an unplanned ride so as to be able to refer to it after the ride has been completed. This would be similar in fashion to how a dedicated GPS creates a track of every where that you go which can be saved for reference later and even turned in to a route if you so choose.

I did a spur of the moment ride on Friday. The weather was iffy, and I didn't even know where I wanted to go. It was totally unplanned except I felt an itch to get out. Call it a "sanity ride". In the end, I headed north to Hwy 20, otherwise known as the North Cascades National Highway. A sign near the entrance to the park says it is the "American Alps". I'll let you decide.

A lousy start to the ride. But at least I was dressed for it.
GA1FbyBl.png

Along the Sauk River
IAIUNUfl.png

In the park itself.
72qHWoOl.jpg

Leaves are changing colours.
CD39JKul.png

Diablo Lake
gPk8YlBl.jpg

7eltki5l.png

epd2hzfl.png

Obligatory motorcycle picture. :D
i6g3oYXl.jpg

M03TKv1l.jpg

Those little dots on the road are cars, not ants. The sheer magnitude is breathtaking.
qkCu6K0l.jpg

yZmCHvRl.jpg

MUK2WP6l.png

Chris

I did a spur of the moment ride on Friday. The weather was iffy, and I didn't even know where I wanted to go. It was totally unplanned except I felt an itch to get out. Call it a "sanity ride". In the end, I headed north to Hwy 20, otherwise known as the North Cascades National Highway. A sign near the entrance to the park says it is the "American Alps". I'll let you decide.

A lousy start to the ride. But at least I was dressed for it.
GA1FbyBl.png

Along the Sauk River
IAIUNUfl.png

In the park itself.
72qHWoOl.jpg

Leaves are changing colours.
CD39JKul.png

Diablo Lake
gPk8YlBl.jpg

7eltki5l.png

epd2hzfl.png

Obligatory motorcycle picture. :D
i6g3oYXl.jpg

M03TKv1l.jpg

Those little dots on the road are cars, not ants. The sheer magnitude is breathtaking.
qkCu6K0l.jpg

yZmCHvRl.jpg

MUK2WP6l.png

Chris
20 is nice but I like 2 better. But then again having ridden in the Austrian, German and Italian Alps, nothing really compares.

Attachments

• SAM_2401.JPG
    SAM_2401.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SAM_2406.JPG
    SAM_2406.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 9
  • SAM_2433.JPG
    SAM_2433.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 9
  • SAM_2666.JPG
    SAM_2666.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 9
I just did a measly 110 miles of twisty turning up-and-down goat trails and felt like a hero when I got back. Lots of bikes out. Looked like mostly GS's and Harleys. Lucky I didn't end up behind any Harley rolling roadblocks. Had plans to ride to Blanco for a cold one at the taproom, but just didn't feel like it once I got close.

I went from Kerrville, TX to Comfort via Cypress Creek Road and then took Hasenwinkel Road with it's 30-something Cattle Guards up towards Fredericksburg. Turned right on Bear Creek Rd. before Hasenwinkel got to 16. Took Bear Creek Rd. over to 87, went right, and then a very short distance down the road, picked up Grape Creek Road to the left and went over to Old No. 9. I took Old No. 9 to the left and past Bankersmith. Turned to the right on Grapetown Road and headed over to Luckenbach. Got to Luckenbach and turned right on 1376, rode south a short ways to 1888 and turned left on it. Took 1888 towards Blanco but turned right on Crabapple Road west of town and rode south towards Kendalia. Before I got to Kendalia, I turned right on Old Blanco Road and took that a short ways to 473. I turned right and took 473 into Sisterdale, did a jog north up Sisterdale Road through Sisterdale and picked up 473 again on the left. Took 473 to Old No. 9/473, turned left, and rode on into Comfort where I picked up 27 and came on home to Kerrville.

The ST1100 ran flawlessly, of course, and it's a hoot to hustle it down skinny undulating goat trails at 55 mph. Well within my comfort zone and able to handle uncertain conditions around corners and over hills at that speed. Had to get hard on the brakes a couple of times when meeting up with vehicles coming over one lane bridges. When a body meets a body. There's no way my Blackbird could have kept up with the ST without really working hard and that bike would have beat me up.

I rode the ol 2006 ST1300 up into ALABAMA!! (gotta say it loud or those bahemians frown) 229 miles round trip. I broke the big 4 O today. 40,007 miles for the year overall on both bikes. Yeehaw (Florida sayin').

It's getting to be that great time of the year to ride around here. Left home at about 75 and back home at 88 degrees and I saw 90 on the ride. Still summer here. No rain in the forecast for a week either. All zeros on the chances per the TV weather experts.

Rode 131 miles today.....headed North toward the Millville/ Cassville ferry but it had been damaged in the rear and was being fixed at Aesop's Ferry Tail repair shop.....went by Pikes Peak (in Iowa) toward McGregor till I passed a farm and almost hit a rabbit named Peter.....rode by the house that Jack built but he was away pulling a plum from a pie with his thumb (saw him later rolling down a hill with somebody called Jill chasing him)....was going to stop and eat at a buffet but three little guys were making pigs of themselves...rode a little further through Little Red Riding's hood but was chased from there by a wolf...was going to check out a new nude painting at Goldilocks Art Gallery (The 3 Bares) but I figured I better get home before my porridge got too cold.....I need a drink!! :biggrin: Russ.

I rode to church in Bandera, TX for the first time. Found out there were guys I didn't know were riders and guys that used to ride and want to get another bike.

After church I took the backroads home to avoid all the Harleys in town for some bike rally and a hoard of bicyclists in town for some cycling event.

Maybe rode 40 miles or so.

Yeah, I rode to church this morning too. A friend just bought the big brother to my F900 XR, the S1000 XR. He parked next to me. Mine is prettier. :D

I'd feel almost guilty if I took the car instead. I have a reputation of riding in any kind of weather. Even the traffic cop who helps us on Sunday mornings, knows who I am as I leave.

And though it is a short ride, it's still a ride. Any excuse for a ride, is a good reason to ride.

Chris

Rode 131 miles today.....headed North toward the Millville/ Cassville ferry but it had been damaged in the rear and was being fixed at Aesop's Ferry Tail repair shop.....went by Pikes Peak (in Iowa) toward McGregor till I passed a farm and almost hit a rabbit named Peter.....rode by the house that Jack built but he was away pulling a plum from a pie with his thumb (saw him later rolling down a hill with somebody called Jill chasing him)....was going to stop and eat at a buffet but three little guys were making pigs of themselves...rode a little further through Little Red Riding's hood but was chased from there by a wolf...was going to check out a new nude painting at Goldilocks Art Gallery (The 3 Bares) but I figured I better get home before my porridge got too cold.....I need a drink!! :biggrin: Russ.
I'm sure glad you didn't ride and crash near that great wall where the guy fell off his bike and he broke all over. I don't think all the men at King's motorcycle dealership could ever put your Kawasaki back together again.

Pretty lame huh, best I can do.

Yeah, I rode to church this morning too. A friend just bought the big brother to my F900 XR, the S1000 XR. He parked next to me. Mine is prettier. :D

I'd feel almost guilty if I took the car instead. I have a reputation of riding in any kind of weather. Even the traffic cop who helps us on Sunday mornings, knows who I am as I leave.

And though it is a short ride, it's still a ride. Any excuse for a ride, is a good reason to ride.

Chris
One of the guys I talked to at church has a 2014 Gold Wing and wants to hook up and go riding. Should be fun. One guy who almost always rides his bike to church has a Yamaha 650 cruiser of some sort. A couple on a Harley trike used to show up every Sunday, but I think they only come down here in the winters.

I haven't ridden my bike to church before because the wife and I go to church together and she hasn't ridden the bikes with me for a long time. We always take the cage. This past Sunday she was at a function in San Antonio called "Women of Joy" so I got to take the bike. Sometime soon I'd like to crank up the preload on the rear shock and take her for a ride on the ST. After all, the reason I bought it is so that we both could ride.

Most of the people at the church I go to ride horses, although they don't ride them to church.

I'm sure glad you didn't ride and crash near that great wall where the guy fell off his bike and he broke all over. I don't think all the men at King's motorcycle dealership could ever put your Kawasaki back together again.

Pretty lame huh, best I can do.
I knew Humpty!......He used to sing with a group called The Omelets.....they weren't what they were cracked up to be :biggrin: ...Russ.

Back
Top Bottom