Where did you ride today?

That sounds like a fun visit Becky. Did you get to see any steam tractors running?
I'm not sure they have anything running, but there are a lot of static exhibits. That said, one of the Meccano exhibitors had brought along a fully functional (albeit not actually steam powered) showman's engine that I thought was very good.

Likewise. Short trip to Costco. I got a chance to fully use the Shad SH38X side cases and Shad 58X top box. The side cases collapse to about 25L and the top box to 46L. When expanded, you get 38L in each side case and 58L in the top box.

1726540079708.png

1726540130884.png

I learned a lesson though. The bike was really top heavy and the CG had shifted quite a bit rearward. Almost dropped it. I think if I had, the front end would've come off the ground before the bike pirouetted on its side.

I can't imagine why. :unsure: Put the heaviest item on the passenger seat.
It's called "laziness". New cases. And can it handle something like this? I put a Costco sized box of bird seed in a top case on a scooter years ago and it did just fine. But I suspect the weight was just a tad forward. :D No one said I was smart. I'm just alive for some reason. :D :D :D

I've never had "expandable" cases before. I've always had fixed capacity cases. And with the potential of 38L+38L+58L...what will that do? Well, I found out. :D

Chris

I eliminated that problem by adding a trailer. I take that shopping now. Haven't come close to filling it with what I take out of the store yet.

All in THC close to home. Rode from Kerrville, TX to Center Point down US 27. Hung a right in Center Point, went through "downtown", picked up bumpy narrow Elm Pass Road and rode that to Bandera Highway. Turned right on to Bandera Highway and rode that a short distance up to 2828. Turned left on to 2828 and rode some nice sweepers. At the end of 2828, I hung a right on Highway 16, went through Medina, and took a beautiful diversion of 9 miles to the end of 2107 and then back to 16. Continued on 16 over the "mountain" with it's horrible washboard road surface. Turned right and zipped down Lower Turtle Creek road with its long curves and then hung a left at the end on to Bandera Highway and came on home.

I love going over the Talimena scenic drive - and work it in every time I head to SE OK. (I live in NE OK), so, three or four times a year.

Another thing I like is to haul my xr650l down there and ride all the dirt roads from the top to bottom on either side of the drive as well as the other un-paved roads in the area

Odie1

Back
Top Bottom