Where did you ride today?

Rode the bike to watch my youngest granddaughter's soccer game (we lost :( ). Thinking I need to do the oil change before ArkanSTOC so I picked up a few extra quarts of oil on the way home (only really need 2.85 qt for an oil change on the AK... I have 2.4 qts). 47+ miles round trip.

Last edited:
There was a Meccano exhibition on this weekend at the Summerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial History, so I took a whirl along the M8 from Edinburgh to Coatbridge to see what there was to see. The museum is on the site of the former Summerlee Iron Works, and has everything from steam locomotives to winding engines and pig iron furnaces to model boats and dentist chairs. The Meccano display was quite good, a lot of traditional models of bridges and steam engines and traction engines and cranes, built mainly by retired men who spend their money on their collection rather than motorbikes. Fidra the Pan Euro ran well in the blustery conditions of the Scottish central belt and I was glad for the barn door of a windscreen.

IMG_20240914_121306507_HDR~2.jpg

That sounds like a fun visit Becky. Did you get to see any steam tractors running?

. . . The ST1100 sure likes to go fast. 85mph is nothing. Had to be careful. Passed a couple of cars at over 100mph and it felt like the ST could hold that speed all day long without breaking a sweat.
I believe that you are correct, Sir!
But, be on the lookout--I've come YT videos saying that Kerrville and several unspoiled little towns in TX would be good places to move to from out of state.
Anyone who used to live in Austin knows how that will end up.

I believe that you are correct, Sir!
But, be on the lookout--I've come YT videos saying that Kerrville and several unspoiled little towns in TX would be good places to move to from out of state.
Anyone who used to live in Austin knows how that will end up.
The Californians have already found us and housing has become unaffordable for anyone here legally.

Kerrville still isn't bad, but it's only a matter of time. The roads around here really are nice and there is very little traffic out in the country.

One interesting thing that I've noticed is that decreasing radius and off camber curves are almost non-existent. I can only think of one of each and they are mild.

Rode from Charlotte to Shady Valley TN today to see if I could run into any of the guys at SnakeSTOC. Got there around noon and went up and back on The Snake. Didn't see any ST's, other than the Super Tenere that I was on. Had a good ride.
well you did not come by the campground

Back
Top Bottom