Where did you ride today?

The Dragon is much maligned these days, due to crowding and speeding and some drivers and riders crossing the mustard... but when you can find it sparsely trafficked, it is still a hoot to ride.

I ride it whenever I'm in the area, but weekends can be maddening much of the time.

The Dragon is much maligned these days, due to crowding and speeding and some drivers and riders crossing the mustard... but when you can find it sparsely trafficked, it is still a hoot to ride.

I ride it whenever I'm in the area, but weekends can be maddening much of the time.
It wasn't too bad on a weekday afternoon, which was my hopes. I liked the skyway much more then the tail, lol. Need to check the photo op sites as they were manning their stations when I rode by yesterday.

Haven’t been on here for a while but I gotta say the Tail of the Dragon and 58 Damascus to the BRP have been a blast the past 3 days. Todr is 2 miles from our location, We’ve done it 3 times in the past 3 days, 58 today was another hoot. Unfortunately the brp was detoured for construction. Shoutout to phenomenal VA, NC roads!! Whooooo!

Looks great! Appears to be a fancy espresso machine back there. All liquids are well served here.
Wishing you continued fun and safe riding! Kids come on this trip too, or just you?
No kids this trip unfortunately. Couldn't get the time off. So just me and an old riding friend. We have ridden thousands of miles together. Ride the same, think the same, have the same idea of where and when to ride. Great times.

I am riding a Honda NC750. It is turning out to be a great bike for this ride. Enough power and torque and handling to ride the mountain roads but when you have to get on the main road, it acquits itself well. TONS of storage with its side cases, top box and the huge compartment where the gas tank usually is. Pleasantly surprised. I usually rent BMW GS's of one size or the other over here but this may change my mindset a bit. I thought it was going to have the DCT tranny but it has a conventional gearbox. Overall, quite impressed with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom