Where did you ride today?

Well, I was left unsupervised again, and I went to hell and back! You know, it’s one of the iron but theme rides and it’s a saddle sore 1000. I did it just shy of 18 hours. Here’s the Spotwalla link:
https://spotwalla.com/trip/ddd6-33b52cc7-b0ec/view.

The town of Hell Michigan is basically three buildings, one of which is a nice saloon that was completely crawling with motorcycle riders! I didn’t dare go in and have a beer knowing I had another 560 miles to finish. Instead, I took pictures of the portage dam, which is somehow part of the original name of the place.
I loaded up and scoo-doodled back the way I came.
When I was on route 90 going through Cleveland, Ohio, either the blue Angels or the Air Force Thunderbirds flew overhead in formation! I felt sort of validated…

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Ride the Ribbon rally in John Day, OR over Labor Day weekend. If you haven't been there before, you should put it on your bucket list. Mixed among the farmlands are a lot of geologic wonders that make this place unique. And the roads to get there are well-maintained, with little traffic, but lots of twists and turns.

I always try to ride the Yakima River Canyon between Ellensburg and Yakima. The alternative is a much faster but boring freeway.

XOl1DwLl.jpg

Painted Hills

Obligatory motorcycle picture. ;)

XPgMoxRl.jpg

Qg2Woxul.jpg

NYHEPcWl.jpg

tyW3rOMl.jpg

Four of us decided to take off from the main group and explore on our own. This is at the top of what some call the "Little Dragon". It's a tight technical unforgiving stretch of road.
oV14TSNl.png

aOjokEDl.jpg

On my way home on Monday. There's something special about early morning riding.
ICMfDf7l.jpg

UmLHXl3l.png

Tg0d6T1l.png

My route passed by Cathedral Rock
d9eDOTOl.png

And Sheep Rock
B8V0A6Cl.jpg

And why this picture?
A6twWRCl.png

That's one of two flocks of wild turkeys I encountered on Monday morning. I also had an osprey with a fish in one claw fly right in front of me.

Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom