Where did you ride today?

I wish it wasn't 1500+ miles to get to just the start of the Dempster, but it is what it is. Bears and trees! The Tuareg is turning out to be very capable of eating the miles. My butt, not so much. The seat is not that comfortable.
Interesting finding.. My friend on a GS is using about 30% more fuel than I am.
Here is the Peace River valley. Big river!

IMG_20240626_093319640.jpg

My friend on a GS is using about 30% more fuel than I am.
At 2X the displacement, that shouldn't be so surprising.
I envy the trip, in either case.
Are you going to spray your bike before Calcium Chloride City, or just deal with it at home?
Some have found a couple of products that GREATLY facilitate cleanup if used in advance, and I would find that cleaning to be the biggest drawback... even worse than the eagle-sized mosquitoes.
Take lots of pics!

Just got back from a 5 day trip from Calgary to Mount St. Helens. Unfortunately due to slides some of the best roads around the volcano were closed. Fortunately this was the first trip on my new ST1300 and it performed flawlessly.

Attachments

• PXL_20240622_190626246~2.jpg
    PXL_20240622_190626246~2.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20240622_190630977.jpg
    PXL_20240622_190630977.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 16
If the fires cooperate we will have a day in Dawson city to prep the bikes.
What other things to use besides Pam?

If the fires cooperate we will have a day in Dawson city to prep the bikes.
What other things to use besides Pam?

One rider said he used WD40, I don't recall what else. But while there may not be a consensus as to the spray, everyone I've read has agreed that using something has made all the difference. Others have added spraying off the bike whenever possible, like at a campground or hotel at the end of a riding day.

Those who wait until they had returned home, and allowed it to dry for days, worked the most to remove the CC, saying it set up like concrete. If your bike's engine has cooling fins, it loves to collect there and harden. Older boxer twins, as but one example.

One guy who waited until he got home, said he wrote down his cleanup times and it totaled EIGHTEEN hours. But his motor sure looked spiffy when he had finished. He used S100 bike cleaner.

Currently on a 4 day training/shake-down trip around Wald- & Mostviertel (basically north-western parts of Austria)

Spicy country air (yes, farmers spraying slurry on the hey pastures ;)), Shier endless cobwebs of narrow, twisting roads (called freight paths, as their basically farm and lumber access ways), which is typical for that area.
Always stay alerted, you`ll never know where one of those big farm plants come the other direction, or where they'd dragged the pebbles out with their huge baloon-tires...

Field-testing the BlueTooth stuff, works fine so far, will have to figure out why the satnav only talks on the RH channel, probably an issue with the length of the 3.5mm connector; there should be a standardisation/norm, but every MFG likes to alter them just so much that only their accessories will truly fit...
Also don't understand why SENA makes their mikes sooo overly sensitive; you can actually hear the bug-splash and the jacket collar rubbing on your partner's helmet...
We utilize speech on demand: press centre button to establish intercom link, press again to "hang up"...

Today my "Cortana" (AKA the voice in my head) suddenly ranted [pairing command!], [pairing command!], obviously due to proximity of a mountain biker in his Lycra... he must have let the pairing on his Calimoto thingie open...

Its soaring hot, so we try our mesh riding suits, her's is a Held brand, mine a Rev'it...
I start to like that garment, you still need your long sleeved/legged function underwear, but its really cooling...
Folks look at you like the 3rd encounter though, cream/white/silvery riding gear with black trimming and accessories is a rare sight... :cool:

Today I'd wondered if stuck by a carrier pigeon qualifies as bird-strike...
Seems I gave the elderly lady in her yellow postal service VW Caddy a bit of a stun as she pulled out from the left; she went as pale as her hair, waved a "sorry!" and took off...
Yep, it's the countryside, same time yesterday no one came from the RHS there... in fact during the whole past week no one claimed priority on this road... today a big mean red ST1100 blared about 2 ft from her right fender... :cool:

Anyway, 2nd day on the road, GF is baked, she just slept over an hour after finishing today's round... ;)
Yep, differs from a 20 minute urban commute twice a day...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom