What did you do to / ride to with your Beemer today?

Couple of days ago, but first time I had a moment to sit down and post something. The Badlands National Park is always a stunner. Decided this time to spend some time there because I paid $25 for entry and I'm cheap.

IMG_9270[1].JPG

Last edited:
Back through Tahoe and around Donner Lake. Nearly 5,000 miles in two weeks through pouring rain and desert heat, and not so much as a hiccup from the bike.

Traffic around Sacramento is almost always balled up where 80 and 50 merge. I was tired and beat and wanted to get home, so I said the heck with it and did some lane splitting since it's legal. Haven't ever done it on this bike, though. It's always nice when people move over, like they figure someone ought to not be stuck.

IMG_9414.jpeg

I finally got to experience "legal" lane splitting in CA last November, coming back with my GSA.
It was nice, as you observed, when some people moved over to make room.
I hit no one, and no one hit me.

I saw a post on another bmw forum...

Using GS911 you can look at the instrument cluster/coding/speed display options...

There's several Measured and Displayed numbers.

The displayed numbers are higher than the measured so should be able to match the two and adjust as necessary so the speedometer is accurate maybe by using a gps as a measurement bar.

A new FOB came in the mail today, so I paired it to the old draft horse. The old one drained the button battery after 5-6 days. Tried different brand batteries. Took it completely apart, and cleaned / de-oxed it. No dice.

The beauty of keyless ignition, uhhh, and tank lock.

Using GS911 you can look at the instrument cluster/coding/speed display options...

The displayed numbers are higher than the measured so should be able to match the two and adjust as necessary so the speedometer is accurate maybe by using a gps as a measurement bar.
Wonder if this applies to the Lean Angle Indicator?
(Which I've yet to install, but haven't been riding anyway.)

A new FOB came in the mail today, so I paired it to the old draft horse. The old one drained the button battery after 5-6 days. Tried different brand batteries. Took it completely apart, and cleaned / de-oxed it. No dice.

The beauty of keyless ignition, uhhh, and tank lock.
You have anything that would indicate if it was transmitting continuously like a stuck button pad?

Let us know if you get anywhere or hear more. I've never heard of that possibility.

I sure would like to change the tire air pressure settings.

Last edited:
Transfering farkles from KBiK to my new 2023 K1600 GT. Not so much fun when it is 95 degF and my garage is not air conditioned

IMG_4552.jpeg

Maybe plug in a fan?
I use two industrial high speed fans. Thermodynamics will tell you that once the temperature goes over 97 degF, moving the air just increases the heating impact on the human body.

In industry, they call them blast furnaces. :):):)

I use two industrial high speed fans. Thermodynamics will tell you that once the temperature goes over 97 degF, moving the air just increases the heating impact on the human body.

In industry, they call them blast furnaces. :):):)
But it's only 95..:biggrin:

Transfering farkles from KBiK to my new 2023 K1600 GT. Not so much fun when it is 95 degF and my garage is not air conditioned

IMG_4552.jpeg
My garage has been similar plus with mosquitoes on occasion. Farkling the Wing has been itchy.

Today was a beautiful day, so after church I headed out to two local "motorcycle" roads. They are known for their twists and curves, and elevation changes. The first road was the High Bridge Road. I was first introduced to it when someone told me the local LEOs can't set any speed traps on it because there's no shoulders. :084: I did see one of the sheriff's cars go the opposite direction. But otherwise, all was quiet. The other road is the Ben Howard road. Pretty much the same situation.

Both rides have beautiful farmland to ride through and sun-dappled areas. It's refreshing. The twists and turns are a result of following the Skykomish River and being built on the side of some steep hillsides.

A beautiful way to spend a couple hours.
1722816447746.png

The break in the mountains in the background, is Stevens Pass.
1722816473015.png

Chris

So, I added this little roadster to the toy box. I’ve always wanted one….. and DAYUMM, what a fun little bike! I’ve run a few tanks of gas through it now and am wondering why I waited so long. 2015 premium with 10K on the clock and all the bells and whistles. Also came with panniers and a top box…..

Just did a full service, ….plugs, speed bleeders, brake flush, oil, final drive, coolant, so she is ready for a few farkles. I’ll follow up ….

IMG_2587.jpegIMG_2588.jpeg
IMG_2597.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom