"all bikes lead to a Goldwing"

I bit the bullet and purchased a Neotec III and Sena SLR 3.......ouch. My current helmet is a Neotec and I can't remember when I bought it. It's been at least 8 years I think. I like the integration of the Sena with the helmet and the Harmon Kardon speakers are much nicer than the ones in my SMH 10 attached to the Neotec.

Also, ordered OEM upper wind deflectors. I really like the new 20" F4 custom wide wind screen too. It was a demo and about half price.
Mike
I have neotec and sena Smh5fm now. Looking at neotec 3 and slr 3 and yes OUCH at over $2k CDN. Is the helmet a lot better than the neotec?
Also love the 20” wide F4 windshield. Way better than stock.
Haven’t found the need for the wind deflectors yet but maybe in colder weather.

I have neotec and sena Smh5fm now. Looking at neotec 3 and slr 3 and yes OUCH at over $2k CDN. Is the helmet a lot better than the neotec?
Also love the 20” wide F4 windshield. Way better than stock.
Haven’t found the need for the wind deflectors yet but maybe in colder weather.
Yes, the Neotec III is better than the Neotec, IMHO. Not sure how close it would be to the Neotec II. The new helmet is much quieter. The one thing I don't like about the new one is the first detente on the shield is too close to the bottom and doesn't open quite as much as the first detente on the old one. The second detente on the new helmet is open too much and is in my peripheral vision more than I'd like. Can't speak to ventilation since I'm riding in quiet air. Also, I prefer the center lift tab on the new one better than the one on the side. The sun visor comes down a little lower and it is actually noticeable and preferred.

I ordered the deflectors for moving air to me in the summer as much as away from me in the winter. I like the 20" screen but it almost blocks too much wind for our summer heat. Next summer, I will probably get a 16" F4. Then I can have a winter and summer windscreen.
Mike

Yes, the Neotec III is better than the Neotec, IMHO. Not sure how close it would be to the Neotec II. The new helmet is much quieter. The one thing I don't like about the new one is the first detente on the shield is too close to the bottom and doesn't open quite as much as the first detente on the old one. The second detente on the new helmet is open too much and is in my peripheral vision more than I'd like. Can't speak to ventilation since I'm riding in quiet air. Also, I prefer the center lift tab on the new one better than the one on the side. The sun visor comes down a little lower and it is actually noticeable and preferred.

I ordered the deflectors for moving air to me in the summer as much as away from me in the winter. I like the 20" screen but it almost blocks too much wind for our summer heat. Next summer, I will probably get a 16" F4. Then I can have a winter and summer windscreen.
Mike
Thanks will have to get used to the ratchet type strap to which I don’t really like.
I find the pop up deflector on the front fairing does well for more airflow.

My dealer has sales on the Neotech 2 right now, but I'm waiting to see how I like the 3 which they are supposed to get in stock shortly. I'd prefer a D ring over the ratchet as I've found some of them really cut into my neck.

I don't find the pop up wind deflector does much for me.

My dealer has sales on the Neotech 2 right now, but I'm waiting to see how I like the 3 which they are supposed to get in stock shortly. I'd prefer a D ring over the ratchet as I've found some of them really cut into my neck.

Give the Klim TK1200 a look if you can... comes w/transitions shield which is very nice.

Reactions: Obo

I really like the D rings too and was very leery about giving that up. I must say it only took about three times putting the helmet on that won me over to the ratchet style. It is very easy to operate, and you can do it while wearing gloves. I almost got a Neotec II and the accompanying Sena but thought I might as well skip the Neotec II and get the latest, greatest. I could've saved several hundred dollars with the II though. I bought both at Revzilla and had about $150 in Revzilla credit that I applied at purchase.

I didn't find the pop-up deflector did much for me either except increase the noise. I haven't tried it with the new windshield though
Mike

There's only 3 bikes I've owned that I did a SaddleSore 1000 on within a few weeks of buying and two were Goldwings. The others I had to fiddle around with the seat, windshield, or such to be comfortable for 16-20 hours in the saddle. Yesterday I got up early, went to bed late, and rode 1,111 miles in between. Nothing crazy, I rode slab to Asheville, NC then the Smoky Mountain Expressway to NC28 then US129 across Deals Gap, back home. I was concerned that I no longer have the stamina to ride IBA but I knew the bike was more than capable and if I got too tired or started hurting I would just stop for the day. The bike averaged 47.2 mpg averaging 75-80 mph for just under 1000 miles, the other roads were much slower of course. That mpg surprised me though it's exactly the 20% increase over the previous generation flat six that Honda said back in 2018. That helped the measly 5.5 gallon tank out. It rained lightly a couple hundred miles but I did not get wet in mesh. Again, a surprise because the bike allows more wind in the cockpit than my 2006 but I guess it channels it around the seating position and off the hands well enough.

There's only 3 bikes I've owned that I did a SaddleSore 1000 on within a few weeks of buying and two were Goldwings. The others I had to fiddle around with the seat, windshield, or such to be comfortable for 16-20 hours in the saddle. Yesterday I got up early, went to bed late, and rode 1,111 miles in between. Nothing crazy, I rode slab to Asheville, NC then the Smoky Mountain Expressway to NC28 then US129 across Deals Gap, back home. I was concerned that I no longer have the stamina to ride IBA but I knew the bike was more than capable and if I got too tired or started hurting I would just stop for the day. The bike averaged 47.2 mpg averaging 75-80 mph for just under 1000 miles, the other roads were much slower of course. That mpg surprised me though it's exactly the 20% increase over the previous generation flat six that Honda said back in 2018. That helped the measly 5.5 gallon tank out. It rained lightly a couple hundred miles but I did not get wet in mesh. Again, a surprise because the bike allows more wind in the cockpit than my 2006 but I guess it channels it around the seating position and off the hands well enough.
So I’m guessing you really like this bike ?

I rode 263 miles on a tank last week. I'll admit I didn't think she could go that far on a tank. The ride was mostly two-lane roads (all pretty much twisty) with a fair amount of time in sport mode.

Just installed the Traxxion GPS mount, upper wind deflectors and the tie-down rings that mount to the pillion grab handles. I think I'm pretty much done with all of the mods for this bike now. I do have a larger Shad top case (47 liters) on it's way but the rack is already installed, so I'm not counting that as a new addition.

Taking the tupperware off the sides and front of the bike to install the GPS mount was an adventure. The task was much easier with Fred Harmon's videos. Hopefully, pictures will follow.
Mike

dduein what year and model is your 'Wing?
2018- See below;

First post here from SC. I can identify :)

Every subsequent bike kept getting bigger until I wound up with a 'Wing :oops:

IMG2_0008.jpg

Have had multiple bikes since, several VFRs, but I am back to lusting after 'Wings again :(

This time, looking for a retro 'Wing from my days in High School.
Not mine, but you get the idea :)

00F0F_eGmVWvVFdJnz_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

I think this time I am going to resist the urge. I am coming back after a bad back injury almost 10 years ago and looking for an ST1300 :)
Not to say I wouldn't also jump at the chance to add a '78 or '79 to my garage if I can find one at a reasonable price. :unsure:

Last edited:

IMG2_0008.jpg

They're street-legal, you know- no reason to confine your riding to the sidewalk.

First post here from SC. I can identify :)

IMG2_0008.jpg

Have had multiple bikes since, several VFRs, but I am back to lusting after 'Wings again :(

This time, looking for a retro 'Wing from my days in High School.
Not mine, but you get the idea :)

00F0F_eGmVWvVFdJnz_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

I think this time I am going to resist the urge. I am coming back after a bad back injury almost 10 years ago and looking for an ST1300 :)
Not to say I wouldn't also jump at the chance to add a '78 or '79 to my garage if I can find one at a reasonable price. :unsure:
Welcome! Regarding the Tulsa Tall on the 1500 I always think "where's the roof?"

Welcome! Regarding the Tulsa Tall on the 1500 I always think "where's the roof?"
Living in Florida at the time, it sure did create a bubble behind that screen that mostly kept me dry :)
She was my daily, didn't own a cage at the time. I rode that bike all over Florida.

I also added progressive springs and a super brace up front.
Replaced the Aspencade side panels with SE panels and added lights.
Replaced all the reflectors with lights. Loved that bike :inlove:

Don't get me going, I really want an ST, not another Goldwing :redface-2x::whistling-2x:

Back
Top Bottom