"all bikes lead to a Goldwing"

I just looked at my surgeon's website and it says activity is limited for the first two weeks. That's not what I was told, primarily by the post op physio team at his office. Interesting.....

All bikes that we like to ride, lead to sore knees, which lead to GoldWings.

Well for starters let's see a picture of dduelin's new 'Wing. I never saw a picture with his post a while agol

I was talking to a guy at bike night last night and he loves his new Wing. He did say it seems to slide around a lot more on tar snakes and loose sand more than he was used to with his previous bike (Indian). Not sure if that's a real thing or just WI in the summer

Reactions: Obo
Well for starters let's see a picture of dduelin's new 'Wing. I never saw a picture with his post a while agol

I was talking to a guy at bike night last night and he loves his new Wing. He did say it seems to slide around a lot more on tar snakes and loose sand more than he was used to with his previous bike (Indian). Not sure if that's a real thing or just WI in the summer
1722425342454.png

I guess you missed it, or didn't click the link I provided for you, but I responded to you when you asked about Dave's new-to-him Wing way back in post #175. The link takes you to Dave's post about it and included a photo of his Wing. You should go back and have another look- it is a nice side-view photo.

Tar snakes. It’s real. My new wing is terrible on them compared to my ST1300. I think/hope it is more a tire thing. Michelin road 6 handled them better than any tire I had before. OEM Dunlop F432 on the wing are not great at anything. Not a lot of choices though.

Tar snakes. It’s real. My new wing is terrible on them compared to my ST1300. I think/hope it is more a tire thing. Michelin road 6 handled them better than any tire I had before. OEM Dunlop F432 on the wing are not great at anything. Not a lot of choices though.
Probably the girder front suspension that doesn't give rider feedback like a good fork does. All I say is get used to it, it's not really sliding it just feels like it. Beemer pilots been hauling butt for 31 years with a similar front end - the Telelever.

All I say is get used to it, it's not really sliding it just feels like it. Beemer pilots been hauling butt for 31 years with a similar front end - the Telelever.
Ah...that is a joke, correct? It sure feels like you're really sliding, don't care what bike you're on. It's okay if you know you're going to stop with the bike still on it's tires! 900lbs is a lot of momentum.

Did like the line about passing Indians! There are so many ways I could be politically incorrect right now!

Ah...that is a joke, correct? It sure feels like you're really sliding, don't care what bike you're on. It's okay if you know you're going to stop with the bike still on it's tires! 900lbs is a lot of momentum.

Did like the line about passing Indians! There are so many ways I could be politically incorrect right now!
I'm not running the sexy front end, just the ST forks. Earlier in the year I headed to Two Wheels Of Suches in GA. I was on the interstate for most of it, got off and took the back way(it's all a back way lol). It's a really really twisty road, suddenly I feel the front end sliding out while leaned over, not once or twice but almost every turn. I'm tired, it's been all day so I take a second to get my bearings, " Right, GA, tar snakes, OK", and off to the races again, yes it slides, but just a "little"... not really a thing. I'm sure the bigger the bike the less movement.

Back
Top Bottom