"all bikes lead to a Goldwing"

I will say this about my new Goldwing....I think it is the easiest bike to live with that I've ever owned. It's a gentle beast. The thing is just so easy to ride and get along with. I didn't even know that was a category of motorcycles until I bought this one. Ease of Use.
Mike

I will say this about my new Goldwing....I think it is the easiest bike to live with that I've ever owned. It's a gentle beast. The thing is just so easy to ride and get along with. I didn't even know that was a category of motorcycles until I bought this one. Ease of Use.
Mike
……Until it is “air filter day”…..

Mike
I totally agree, the biggest reason I sold my beloved ST1300 was after a recent shoulder surgery I couldn’t hold up that extremely top heavy beast much lest push it around (dropped it so many times I lost count). Triple digit riding on the ST1300 was not happening due to instability, one of the first things I did on the 2019 GW was hit 105 mph and it was SWEET ! This new bike weighs 800 lbs but the low center of gravity makes it feel as though it weighs half its weight and pushing it around is no problem, the reverse and forward walking feature make it so easy to move in any parking lot, incline- decline it don’t care. Honda did extreme testing in a wind tunnel designing the fairings and windshield and let me tell ya- they got this one right.
I have no doubt about it being the perfect replacement for the ST1300.

……Until it is “air filter day”…..
That won't happen for at least 36K miles. I might let Traxxion Dynamics do it along with a new suspension. We will jump off that bridge when we get there.
Mike

How did this myth ever get started?
Sounds a lot like H-D owners saying 'Ya ain't ridden a real motosickle till ya ridden a Harley'.
Been riding 45 years....still have no interest in a Barca-Wing. If it has reverse, cruise control, and stereo.....is it still a motosickle?
Or a 2 wheeled Accord??
When does this myth kick in...how much longer do I hafta wait???

:shrug2:

I totally agree, the biggest reason I sold my beloved ST1300 was after a recent shoulder surgery I couldn’t hold up that extremely top heavy beast much lest push it around (dropped it so many times I lost count). Triple digit riding on the ST1300 was not happening due to instability, one of the first things I did on the 2019 GW was hit 105 mph and it was SWEET !
Thank you sir. I always kinda knew I was a bad sonofgun riding my big ol ST13hunert all fast and all but it's good to hear it from others sometimes too.

Mine has always been rock solid right up to about 166 or so. GTS inidcated even.

You know what they say, If you can't run with the big dogs.........something something Goldwing....mighty fine 105...

HAHA see you soon.

How did this myth ever get started?
Sounds a lot like H-D owners saying 'Ya ain't ridden a real motosickle till ya ridden a Harley'.
Been riding 45 years....still have no interest in a Barca-Wing. If it has reverse, cruise control, and stereo.....is it still a motosickle?
Or a 2 wheeled Accord??
When does this myth kick in...how much longer do I hafta wait???

:shrug2:

I know right. What will they think of next? They will probably try to cram fuel injection down our throats......or maybe anti-lock brakes. The next thing you know they will want to put LED lights on the bike too. Or worse, traction control. Nanny motorcycle manufacturers......who needs them. You are not a real rider unless you have a 20 W halogen headlight bulb, drum brakes and carbs. You da man!
Mike

I know right. What will they think of next? They will probably try to cram fuel injection down our throats......or maybe anti-lock brakes. The next thing you know they will want to put LED lights on the bike too. Or worse, traction control. Nanny motorcycle manufacturers......who needs them. You are not a real rider unless you have a 20 W halogen headlight bulb, drum brakes and carbs. You da man!
Mike
Don't believe I said anything against technological advances.

You know what they say, If you can't run with the big dogs.........something something Goldwing....mighty fine 105...
I never could get my ST1300 up to 105 mph, it would have thrown my butt into oncoming traffic or the ditch, @ 95 was the safety stop before it starting going wobbly ( rode wonderful up to that speed) . I’m happy somebody out there is still representing :thumb:
Looking forward to seeing ya

Don't believe I said anything against technological advances.
Just what are you saying? I personally don’t care if you ride a unicycle while flapping your arms everywhere you go :laugh-2x:that your buiness
But this is a thread about what. Huh ? The new Goldwing - right ?

No, seems to be a thread that you haven't reached the peak of motorcycling until you have a Goldwing.
And I beg to differ.

No, seems to be a thread that you haven't reached the peak of motorcycling until you have a Goldwing.
And I beg to differ.
One man's opinion. Let it go. I knew I should have never hit "show ignored content" on this thread :biggrin:
Mike

And I beg to differ.
I don't get that vibe from this thread at all. :shrug2:

It is about a thread that a member got a new bike, which happens to be a wing. If anyone knows Mike, this is not his last motorcycle.
This!

I absolutely loved my 'Wing, but I certainly wouldn't call them the pinnacle :) I have had multiple bikes since, mostly VFRs. :inlove:
There is probably another 'Wing in my future, been looking for a decent 78 or 79 GL1000. Right now, I am just trying to find an ST1300 :)

IMG2_0008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom