What did you do to / ride to with your Beemer today?

It has to be the engine's intense heat transferred to brake fluid that causes the ST1300 to be so hard on clutch and brake fluids.

Perhaps, the RT gets plenty hot as well but the ST has more fairing so less airflow... so yes, I agree there.

I like how the RT uses Mineral Oil vs brake fluid for the clutch and there's not maintenance on it. However, the ST's clutch fluid is very easy to flush, I used to do it yearly.

I meant that a bright finish shows a ride in the rain while satin doesn’t show it as much.
Yup, the akra exhaust does appear to be less dirty after rain.

IMG_20230822_105356.jpg

A little bit more of summer for the bikes without a fairing so planning ahead for winter projects....just arrived a new Kenda k761 rear for the G650GS. I think the G stands for giggle because it's one of those bikes that does nothing fantastic but it does everything pretty easily so it's a giggle a mile. I like the K761 for mileage and moderately adequate gravel road bite. Of course I wait until winter to change it because in the spring inevitably either the thawing slimy gravel roads or spring rains make me wanting as much tread as possible. No, they don't do well on roads in North Dakota that are basically wide field breaks.....darn, can't find that picture so posing by the lake, but this was sporting Shinko 705.

IMG_20150429_183239_425.jpg1692759735114.png

New tires mounted, wheels back on bike.Rear brake hoses arrived, got them on Saturday. She helped me bleed brake....but no go. Took a short ride to make sure front was all good...it was.
Took rear caliper back off, took apart and will order new seals for it. Hopefully won't have to order a piston rebuild kit.
But.......very nice to have parts available for a 42 year old bike!!!
Ordered parts Tuesday, arrived today!
Usually order from Bob's.....but tried Euromotoelectrics this time.
Great price and FAST delivery....
:thumb:

A little bit more of summer for the bikes without a fairing so planning ahead for winter projects....just arrived a new Kenda k761 rear for the G650GS. I think the G stands for giggle because it's one of those bikes that does nothing fantastic but it does everything pretty easily so it's a giggle a mile. I like the K761 for mileage and moderately adequate gravel road bite. Of course I wait until winter to change it because in the spring inevitably either the thawing slimy gravel roads or spring rains make me wanting as much tread as possible. No, they don't do well on roads in North Dakota that are basically wide field breaks.....darn, can't find that picture so posing by the lake, but this was sporting Shinko 705.

IMG_20150429_183239_425.jpg1692759735114.png

I wish I could pay 79 bucks for a tire :)

No, just aftermarket options. The chrome appears to be as good as Honda from what I can tell. I found a good deal on a used akra exhaust for a 1200 that fits.
What would you consider a 'good deal'? Those things are outrageously expensive.

What would you consider a 'good deal'? Those things are outrageously expensive.
500 from a guy in CA that didn't like the bike, he was selling a new set of wheels for 600 and I kick myself for not jumping on those too.

Getting ready for 60,000 service. change final drive fluid, replaced air filter,
Going camping this weekend in Vermont. I'll finish up service after trip. bike has 58,000 on it now.

Mellow,
Did you make your own lights or buy a kit? I'm thinking of modding mine... More Light Better!!
A UK company, a bike thing.

I got the 70mm ones for a 1600. I wired to the ezcan as I didn't want a white drl so the amber is running and signals.

You have to do a bit of work, here's a video of someone doing a cheaper halo light.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom