What did you do to / ride to with your Beemer today?

What did I do today with my beemer?

Well... I bought it. :D Still have the ST1300, but that will be going up for private sale shortly. I collect the 2023 K1600 GTL E in about 3 weeks. I'm already planning to farkle it.

Like you, I too bought a beemer. But as you inferred, buy and taking delivery are two different things. I'm expecting to wait a couple of weeks for my RT...
And Joe, nic pic of the treadmill, but where have the mice gone?

1st Valve check done, they were all in spec, cams needed to be aligned using a jig but I have a feeling that may never need to be adjusted again but I'll check in the future.

I'm not one of those folks that adjust valves that are in spec just to move them to middle or opposite ends of the movement range. That never made sense to me because the purpose is to avoid a valve adjustment but you just did an adjustment and once they settle in they may never move much for many miles.

The RT check was pretty easy, just 2 panels come off. I won't mess with spark plugs or an air filter til the 24k check.

1682331012426.png

Last edited:
Well last day of vacation. Wash all the windows in the house. Washed the bike. Then decided to put some fresh bug carcasses on it. Nice 74 mile run. IMG_0589.jpeg

Reactions: Tor
175 mile run for grilled cheese and ice cream at Decatur Dairy west of Janesville. IMG_0598.jpeg
Grabbed some teets on the way home.

• Haha
Reactions: Tor
First service was due for my new RT, so I rode to the dealer - 275 km each way. Light rain most of the time, temp right about 5C almost all the time. Not ideal, glad that's done. With clean oil, I do enjoy the opportunity to let-er-at-er!

Reactions: Obo
Out on the RT last night for an hour and a bit, accompanied by a "spirited rider" friend on a fast Kaw. First time for me to experience the fun of "dynamic" mode - how sweet it is! Hardly a car on the road, which is the prevalent pleasure of riding in this part of my world. Btw, come to WoodSToc in August if you can, so you can experience this same road, and others like it!

Reactions: Obo
Went to a tech day in NY and got some guidance in adjusting/balancing carbs and checking valves.
PXL_20230610_151215833.jpg
I still have my $4 manometer from my R100 days. Using a TwinMax these days on the hexhead. One of the joys of riding a boxer is the smooth off idle torque after a 0/0 tune.

I still have my $4 manometer from my R100 days. Using a TwinMax these days on the hexhead. One of the joys of riding a boxer is the smooth off idle torque after a 0/0 tune.
Our 'manometer' was a length of clear tubing zip-tied to a long 1"x3" furring strip with AT fluid in it. Very appropriate luddite tool!!!!
:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom