What did you do to / ride to with your Beemer today?

Thanks. Ohlins front and rear and had pipes Jet Hot Coat in OKC. It had that fiberglass wrap on the headers when I got it. Removed the wrap and it left the header hideous. Could not scrub the burned in pattern off so blast and Jet Hot Coat.
11.jpg
Without the bags, mounts, and rear pegs. That's the way I have been riding it.
Lovely.

Thanks. Ohlins front and rear and had pipes Jet Hot Coat in OKC. It had that fiberglass wrap on the headers when I got it. Removed the wrap and it left the header hideous. Could not scrub the burned in pattern off so blast and Jet Hot Coat.
11.jpg
Without the bags, mounts, and rear pegs. That's the way I have been riding it.
Oooooooh! That's one sweeeeet BMW.

I got a set of Ruby aux lights for Xmas and installed them shortly after, but I found that they don't automatically turn back on or even keep the last brightness setting so I pinged Ruby to ask *****? There's enough fiddly stuff to deal with when I'm riding that I don't also want to remember turning on my lights (that are activated by the low beam powering up and go high/flash with the high beam/horn) because I will and do forget. They said it was a requirement in some Euro countries, but they expected a batch of components that would recall the last on/off and brightness settings, and would be happy to change out the parts for me no charge. Unfortunately all the wiring to replace is tucked under the fuel tank and plastic, but fortunately, I can have it all off in 15 minutes or so, so I pulled the plastic and got it all sorted.

Ruby1.jpg

Optional weird-yellow attention-getting covers for safety suspended by a Denali mount:
Ruby2.jpg

I'm about five chapters into Neil Peart's Ghost Rider book, and aside from moto-touring enjoyment itself, I like and agree with all his praise for the GS series bikes. Most perfect-for-me bike I've ever owned. I can do pretty much all the maintenance and repairs one might see, only two cylinders and air/oil cooled simplicity for this iteration, and it always puts a smile on my face.

Fabricated a GPS mount for the Beemer today.
1/16” aluminum rolled on my rolling machine, cut to fit and powder coated black. 1” Ram ball mount bolted on with a 2” extension.
Low profile and works fantastic.
The GPS is a Umidigi X10 rugged smartphone running the TomTom Go app.

IMG_0960.jpegIMG_0961.jpegIMG_0963.jpegIMG_0962.jpeg

Last edited:
I continue to hear good things about Ruby lights, and I plan to add some later on.
They have the advantage of being slightly more affordable than the high-zoot, must have Clearwater and those other guys, whose name escapes me atm.

Ruby wasn't too far behind in cost, but I got mine as a Black Friday sale that prompted me to skip the R3 and go for the R5 version. The website says not legal for road use, so don't tell anyone.

Just make sure you like how any brand of lights operate before you buy. I didn't ask the right questions and got stuck goofing around a second time.

Just a thought. If you want to try lights that are far far less expensive than Clearwater or Denali or Ruby, I highly recommend these.

1707624294832.png

I thought this picture below was made up and wishful thinking. It may be "photoshopped", but is very representative.

1707624426520.png

I connected one light to a spare battery before installing them and I'm sure my jaw dropped. Talk about turning night into day! The yellow fog light really has that sharp of a cutoff. It's bright, but oncoming traffic has no issues, it seems. The "high" beam, is a tight white rectangle as the picture shows. I have them adjusted with the yellow fog light just below my low beams. When changing to the high beam with the white rectangle, it hits right where the BMW's low beam is. So if you wanted, you could have both yellow and white lights on in traffic and not blind anyone.

I'm using them with the switch that is included in the package. The yellow light comes on when powered up. I would think something like an ezCann might give you the option to have them start up automatically.

For $100, they would be hard to beat.

Chris

I continue to hear good things about Ruby lights, and I plan to add some later on.
They have the advantage of being slightly more affordable than the high-zoot, must have Clearwater and those other guys, whose name escapes me atm.

Have a set of Clearwater Erica's on my GSA, and yes they are proud of them. But I have to say they integrate perfectly into the canbus, where you can adjust them to work anyway you want. Very, very bright. Adjusted to 100% on high beam and 20% on low beam.

Also have the Billie rear. Same thing. Expensive, but integrate perfectly as well.

I've read much about the Clearwater and the Denali brands, and that seems to be the consensus.
Steve at "It's a Bike Thing" (hello Inmates, how is life behind bars?) has excellent videos about installing Denali, Billie Lights, Sound Bomb, innovative cameras, and more with the EZ Can and HexCan.

302 miles/5.984 gallons riding small roads 318 miles to the 121 bridge across the Alamaha River. Absolutely gorgeous sunny day.

7.1 gallon tank for range, baby, range!

IMG_3942.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom