Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

Make sure you make that sleeping back fit in your top box....or put it in a dry bag.....if you hit any rain, you're going to have a wet bag.

Just a tip!

<D>

Yah but if I hit rain, I'm also going to be hitting the Hotel, but yes I have a dry bag for those occasions, but if rain is forecast, or there's a hint of rain, I'm not camping, got the dry bag for trips to Utah,

And I just received my new smaller North Face bag from the UPS guy today, should make it easier to pack, but after off loading my kids stuff, the big one did fit in the top box on the way home, .

September 26-28th, Devil's Den State Park in Arkansas. Met Mellow and others at Kiamachi Kitchen in Talihina OK prior to riding the awesome Talimena Drive.

DSC_0305.jpg

Here are pictures of my 4 day camping trip last week in WASHINGTON Ritch:03biker:

Attachments

• P1010041 (Medium).JPG
    P1010041 (Medium).JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 319
  • P1010059 (Medium).JPG
    P1010059 (Medium).JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 242
Okay, there has to be a story behind that. Would you share it with us?

It's still in the "some assembly required" phase. It's been posted before, but I bought a partially cannibalized cop bike with under 13K miles on it.
The rear rack was made during lunch time a few weeks ago, it's temporary, like the nose which will be removed and replaced with something different once ice makes the riding season end. The bags are nelson-rigg cl-850, I made the racks to hang them in the stock quick-release system thurday evening, but took the pic of the empty diamond-plate rack the day before.

Okay, I finally had reason to try and bungie something to the passenger seat... and had no idea where to hook the bungies. I ended up criss-crossing from the side-bag handles to the holes in the rear-facing reflectors. How are y'all tying all this stuff down?

Helen2Wheels roll top holds ThermArest, sleeping bag, pillow and camp-chair. Tent is the tan bag. MotoFizz holds clothes, electrics and reading materials.

Saddle bags hold cooking gear (don't know why I keep packing it, I never use it), camera and shoes.

Tank bag holds Starcom, Zumo, digital camera, iPod, GMRS radio and various ointments.

There are two of us camping, she rides a V-Star. I carry the tent on the back seat with a cooler bag on top (in case there are any left-overs and for lunch on the road). The back bag has the double air mattress (need to find something lighter and smaller) and two sleeping bags, plus microfibre towels. She carries the stove and cooking gear, and pump for the air mattress.

Then there's too many clothes in the bags, plus rain gear, plus room for clothes we shed as the days get hotter. Camera, water, Gatorade, first aid kit, tools, maps, GPS (when not on the handlebars).

We need to learn to take less stuff!!!

Tent must be replaced for 2009, so looking around, but like the comfort and storage space provided by a 4-man tent.

Attachments

• ST1100 loaded for Camping.jpg
    ST1100 loaded for Camping.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Chris Tent.jpg
    Chris Tent.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 156
Helen2Wheels roll top holds ThermArest, sleeping bag, pillow and camp-chair. Tent is the tan bag. MotoFizz holds clothes, electrics and reading materials.

Saddle bags hold cooking gear (don't know why I keep packing it, I never use it), camera and shoes.

Tank bag holds Starcom, Zumo, digital camera, iPod, GMRS radio and various ointments.

Erik, do you find the MotoFizz to be waterproof?

Thanks.

This was our departure photo last May when we headed out on a multi month tour.

Attachments

• Summer 08 1st and 2d leg 002.JPG
    Summer 08 1st and 2d leg 002.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 333
Not mine, but a friends 50 Anniversary Pan (he's got a 13 now though)

HolidayPhotos150.jpg
Ferry from Zeebrugge/Hull

HolidayPhotos099.jpg
Somewhere in France or Switzerland!

HolidayPhotos082.jpg
France

HolidayPhotos083.jpg
Alps d'huez

I wish I could zoom in to better see how all that is tied down.

It seems like people without top-cases are fitting more stuff on their bikes than people with top-cases. :mrgreen:

Even a 250 can go over the interstate, highways, back roads, and dirt roads to end up camping. Wife carried half on her Ninja, I carried the other half on mine. I took this of her on the way home to NY from camping at CTSTOC.

2 man tent, queen size air mattress, two mummy sacks along with the usual other stuff. We could have carried more if needed, we didn't bring chairs for example, but could have. No handling problems at all with the bikes at 70mph.

Attachments

• Heading Home2.jpg
    Heading Home2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 199
...It seems like people without top-cases are fitting more stuff on their bikes than people with top-cases. :mrgreen:

That's why I opted for a Turbo City rack instead of a top box; more carrying capacity and configurations.

Back
Top Bottom