Show me pics of your fully loaded out (for camping) bike

For only a few days away the bike (ST11) only looks like the normal bike with a topbox on. Everything fits in. I have gone for smaller cooking gear, dome tent. If I was doing longer periods I have a large square bag to go on the pillion seat, fully waterproof (it used to be my main bag on the old bike, it slips over a rack). The least separate items you have roped on, the less likely you are to lose things.

Just got back from 2 weeks on the road. Here is my setup. Lean and mean.

However notice the temp on the 2nd pic; not sure of why I camp !!! This was the high that day (last Tuesday) Saw 4 degrees C later in the afternoon.

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 414
  • robson temp.jpg
    robson temp.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 383
I'm getting ready for a 6-week ride and have almost all the gear. Everything but the tent and footprint fits into the panners and Givi46. The tent and gear are not in a waterproof bag. Should I get one for the tent?

Since everything else fits in the luggage, should I be paranoid and get dry bags for the bag, mattress, and clothing?

Since everything else fits in the luggage, should I be paranoid and get dry bags for the bag, mattress, and clothing?

Call me paranoid if you want, but I like dry bags!

Nice to have when it rains and you have to set up or break the camp down. The way the saddlebags are made, they will start collecting water the second you open them. And even after the rain, dry bags help separating what is dry from what has been soaked and stuffed into your bags/case (like a dripping rain suit for instance).

Thanks for the info, and I'm off to order some dry bags. Knowing my luck, I'll be in a frog drowner and fall in the mud with my nice, and formerly dry, bag and pad. Better safe than sorry.

Now where did I put that spare pair of suspenders? ;)

My bike as I get ready to leave for a 9 day trip from Las Vegas to South East WA for 9 days. 5 days of that riding and camping out.

Note: No cooking gear. I gotta fix that.. My sleeping bag just fits in the top box.. need a smaller bag! I'd really like to find a smaller camp seat also.. The one I have is 28 inches log.. just too long by about 8 inches.... BUT... christmas is coming!!

Attachments

• P1000261.jpg
    P1000261.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
2639554440062376558S425x425Q85.jpg

WS 13 trip

This is from our trip from Md to Ashville NC down skyline dr and blue ridge pkwy in 7/08 on the vmax. The saddlebags are backwards so they will ride over the turn signals and allow passenger to reach pegs. I agree that compresson bags are the way to go, you can fit more and keep contents dry. A tent w/ short pole segments (Eureka Zepher) and small bags (slumberjack overbags) pack nicely in the backrest bag. Cook equipment and food go in the roll bag, closed cell pads are strapped on. We each get 1 saddlebag for personal belongings. Misc stuff (gps, cell phone, water) go in the tank bag, along with a 12v receptable wired to the battery. Its worked for many trips including Finger Lakes NY, Canton OH, and Vermont, but for a multi month cross country trip I just couldn't accept the limitations of the vmax (3 gal tank, no fuel guage, 100 mi range) and the luggage hanging by threads. Hence, we recently acquired an ST1300 and are busy trying to outfit to suit our preferences.

skyline_vmax.jpg

MathewsArm.jpg

The only pic I have is fuzzy but the bike was already unpacked before my wife noticed. All camping gear goes in the yellow ortlieb bag

Attachments

• Biker Boy 3.JPG
    Biker Boy 3.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 300
How about this one; a modified Gold Wing Gl1200 with a sea kayak in a sidecar frame. The picture was taken in a line up for a campground in Jasper National park in Alberta. He was from Wisconsin.

Attachments

• DSC00953.JPG
    DSC00953.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 336
1/2 way thru a 3500 mile trip from CO to Jasper, AB...realizing as many others do, I've got too much stuff!

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 313
This is my bike last week with gear for both myself and son loaded, I had to meet up with him about 100 miles away to off load half the gear to his ST, man was it heavy on the bike, all bags were full too, but still no weve or wobble when I hit about 120MPH on the way, had to see for my self, rock solid.

Then with my gear only about to cross Sonora pass California.

Oh and if your curious, I have two big Sleeping bags, two REI 3.5 Camp beds, Two folding chairs, two Kelty tents in the saddle bags, a 2 Gal bucket, a camp shovel, two Dura Logs, One full size lantern, one medium size lantern, two many lanterns, two 8x6 tarps, a large Camel pak, not to mention all my personal clothes, tenni shoes, toiletries, and my tools and tire repair stuff, pump, plug kits(2) man was it loaded!!!

It was our first time Moto camping, were still learning what we need and don't need.

Attachments

• IMGP0711 70.JPG
    IMGP0711 70.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 334
  • IMGP0757 70.JPG
    IMGP0757 70.JPG
    480.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
You guys have to have trouble seeing to the rear thru the mirrors, I have trouble with two fold up chairs on the rear seat. :confused:
Any one have extra mirrors installed?

Make sure you make that sleeping back fit in your top box....or put it in a dry bag.....if you hit any rain, you're going to have a wet bag.

Just a tip!

<D>

This is my bike last week with gear for both myself and son loaded, I had to meet up with him about 100 miles away to off load half the gear to his ST, man was it heavy on the bike, all bags were full too, but still no weve or wobble when I hit about 120MPH on the way, had to see for my self, rock solid.

Then with my gear only about to cross Sonora pass California.

Oh and if your curious, I have two big Sleeping bags, two REI 3.5 Camp beds, Two folding chairs, two Kelty tents in the saddle bags, a 2 Gal bucket, a camp shovel, two Dura Logs, One full size lantern, one medium size lantern, two many lanterns, two 8x6 tarps, a large Camel pak, not to mention all my personal clothes, tenni shoes, toiletries, and my tools and tire repair stuff, pump, plug kits(2) man was it loaded!!!

It was our first time Moto camping, were still learning what we need and don't need.

Back
Top Bottom