MI: Tag

Current tag pics are back only one page, 192. Ya beat me to the punch by seconds, Mac. :D

BTW, there's a bunch of new pics of the Flying Merkel rebuild built by... <drum roll> Rebuilder. :D

On Saturday I found myself in Evansville and grabbed the Indiana tag.
Today by strange happenstance I found my self near Grand Rapids and got the Michigan tag.:p: I got both places just to be safe:D. So...

Old Tag(s):
IMAG0034.1.jpg IMAG0035.1.jpg

FYI I had lunch in Jimmy's and it's a nice place. Good sized family dinning with adjacent bar area. Food was pretty good and reasonably priced.

and
New Tag:
IMAG0038.1.jpg

This is a really neat place. Large outdoor gardens with a lot of sculptures. Well worth an hour to two.

Joe

Congrats Joe, You didn't get it by much, does the 04 in the background in my picture look familiar :well1: I feel bad I didn't come in to meet you but I had a tag to move :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_0156rs.jpg
    IMG_0156rs.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 29
Congrats Joe, You didn't get it by much, does the 04 in the background in my picture look familiar I feel bad I didn't come in to meet you but I had a tag to move

That's too much!!! :crackup

If I had stayed for :pie1::pie1: you would have got it.

Did you hit any rain on the way back? I was going through the woods on the way back and started to get worried about having enough light for the Fernwood shot. Jumped on I94 at Paw Paw and hit a light sprinkle all the rest of the way.

Did you hit any rain on the way back?

After snapping that pic I rode up past Baldwin then west to Ludington before coming back to Holland. I made a few stops and it was just sprinkling a little when I got home. It's good to see our MI tag get some action. Notice I didn't park next to you, I was trying to be sneaky, there aren't a lot of ST's around so I new there was a good chance you were up to the same thng I was :D

Joe and Denba, great co-ordination on the tag shots. :D

MI is safe from me and most all states for the rest of this trip. I gotta make some time. If I get ahead of schedule I may try for MO and/or TN over the coming weekend. :D

Just happened to be passing through Niles today and ran across this and moved it a little ways north. The 2nd and 3rd pics are where the tag is now and are the same, I just wanted a clear look at the sign.

Attachments

• IMG_0239rs.jpg
    IMG_0239rs.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0247rs.jpg
    IMG_0247rs.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 31
Unbelievable! :hat4:

DadGumIt! Guess I should be paying more attention to the Mi. tag. Joe I didn't realize you brought it to my house!!!!! That's literally about 2 miles from home, I could have moved it south of the boarder just for fun...LOL! Ok, maybe not south but it would have been an easy one to move. Sigh.

Although it was a chilly start at 30 degrees, my ride to retrieve the tag from the west side turned into a very pleasant ride. Sorry about the crappy phone pics.

Old tag: Felt Mansion on the edge of Saugatuck Dunes State Park

attachment.php

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108392&d=1319335214

New tag (unfortunately currently closed due to a recent fire. )

attachment.php

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108391&d=1319335214

Last edited:
New tag (unfortunately currently closed due to a recent fire. )

Closed due to fire, in a town named Hell. Now that's just funny, I don't care who you are, except maybe the owner or insurance company. I'm glad you had a nice ride.

Dennis

Closed due to fire, in a town named Hell. Now that's just funny

Yeah I was chuckling a bit over the irony myself. Until I attempted to lift my bike off the sidestand. :eek:The parking lot slope made my ST lean about 5 degrees farther than I am able to lift it from in the usual way. Careful how you park if you go after this tag.
-STeve

Here ya go Steve ...

The Tags in Ontario seem to be stuck so I went for a ride ... to Hell and back actually ;-) and then to shoot a muffler man in New Baltimore.

Attachments

• SAM_0535.jpg
    SAM_0535.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 49
  • SAM_0536.jpg
    SAM_0536.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 37
Hi Jeff,
Nice hearing from you. We're doing alright, I looked up your ON Tag and was able to find it. There must not be too many famous elephants in Ontario. I hope we have a few good riding days left this year but the days are getting short and I'd be looking at 600 miles round trip not counting the MI tag or finding a new place to move them to. I do have an enhanced drivers license however, and would like to do one more overnighter:think1: Oh, and all next week off.:-D

Dennis

:D You're right - Elephants - famous or otherwise are pretty rare around here.

If you make it this way let me know. With any luck I'll be able to ride with you for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom