Dyna beads vs Counteract balancing beads

"Looks like Dyna beads are quite a bit less expensive than the counteract beads.

http://www.tirebalancingbeads.com/"

Yes sometimes they are more and sometimes they are less. It depends on who you buy them from. Counteract beads will give you 25% better tire life (proven) and it is not uncommon for me to see 50% on some bikes. Alot of the shops that install them charge $40 for the beads and install. Remember you can reuse them more then 1 time making them alot cheaper in the long run.

Can these be used with Orange TPMS sending units mounted inside the rim with out damaging the units?

No experience with Coutneract but when installing Dyna Beads it was too much of a PITA to install through the valve stem with the Ariete 90 deg stems. I have a Kissan TPM. While I would be fine with installing, I wouldn't do it through the stem. It is easy enough to mount the tire then open the bead enough to slip in the beads. Probably faster that way as well.

I fit my tyre, take out the valve core, put the 12vdc compressor on and blow it up to about 48 lbs/psi..... that gets the beads seated up.

I take the valve core out, tyre goes down, pour in the beads, yes it can be fiddly, refit valve core and re-inflate to 42lbs/psi.

Works great.

...when installing Dyna Beads it was too much of a PITA to install through the valve stem with the Ariete 90 deg stems.
Well, I guess its back to square one for me. I hadnt considered that. I have the 90 deg. stems as well. I am thinking about using Dynabeads next tire change so I imagine I will be be slipping the beads in from the side as well. Even with conventional valve stems it sound like either method is that big of a deal.

You could feed them in from the side with the plastic bottle, just take car not to get any stuck in the lube on the beads... or the rim in that area.

It will be easier with a fitting machine as the rim will be held securely enabling you to use the fitting bar to hold a gap to pour them through, of course this assumes the machine isn't clamping in the way on the rim bead area with the bottom bead unseated.

I would fit them opposite the valve or certainly 90 degrees away from the valve to stop them getting into the core, if you take the rim off the machine to inflate it, keep the valve at the top whilst doing so.

Well, I guess its back to square one for me. I hadnt considered that. I have the 90 deg. stems as well. I am thinking about using Dynabeads next tire change so I imagine I will be be slipping the beads in from the side as well. Even with conventional valve stems it sound like either method is that big of a deal.

Not saying it can't be done. We just gave up on it when I installed them for someone. I did read if you have one of those engravers that the vibrations help prevent clogs. It was just way easier to pull the bead back a little and slip in the tube from the applicator bottle. There was no clogs using this method.

I fit my tyre, take out the valve core, put the 12vdc compressor on and blow it up to about 48 lbs/psi..... that gets the beads seated up.

I take the valve core out, tyre goes down, pour in the beads, yes it can be fiddly, refit valve core and re-inflate to 42lbs/psi.

Works great.

FYI, you don't need a valve stem core in the valve stem to fill up the tire to about 48 PSI when seating the beads. You can just push the nozzle on there and inflate. As soon as you take the air chuck off the tire will deflate, you can then install your beads through the stem (if that works for you) and put the valve core back in.

In fact this works a little better because the core isn't in the way for the air going into the tires so it inflates much faster and then pops the bead in place. Provided you have a big enough tank on your compressor that is.

I made a typo in the second paragraph... I meant to say I take the valve chuck off..... never put the core in until the tyre beads are up and the DynaBeads are in! :eek::

I made a typo in the second paragraph... I meant to say I take the valve chuck off..... never put the core in until the tyre beads are up and the DynaBeads are in! :eek::

Ok, just wanted to make sure you knew that as it would save you a bit of time. Some people assume that the core needs to be in the stem to push on the middle part of the air chuck. Like I said in the case of seating a bead though, it works better without the core.

I just pulled my first set of tires having used Dynabeads with them and I had a salt and pepper mix in there. Mostly salt. The black pieces were spherical rubber bits of the same size as the beads. The tire looked a little smoother where the beads ran around but I would not call it substantial wear. What I did have was uneven wear on my rear tire along the outer circumference. They are Avons Stroms and the tread that goes across the centerline was completely worn flat on one side and still intact on the other grading in between. I never noticed any unbalance issues but the bearings are a hair rough on the swing arm side so I am going to change them out. Hopefully that is the cause and not the beads.

G

@Mean - generally balance issues, however caused, result in an irregular pattern, which can vary from a very smooth wear profile but one part of the tyre worn out and the other part with 2-3 mm remaining...(not side to side), to a typical shocker fault, which results in a pattern of wear around the tyre, often in a regular repeat pattern with some smooth scalloping....
The former would be more likely from a balance medium clumping up and being unable to be properly distributed around the interior of the tyre....

Other uneven wear patters can be induced from a lateral imbalance, even down to putting weights on one side of the wheel only....

Impending bearing failure can be seen as one sided tyre wear, as can swing arm bearings or single sided swing arm with faulty shocker.

Uneven scalloping or feathering around the tread pattern is often either overloading or underinflation, which amounts to almost the same thing.... but can also be seen when high performance bikes are given a right good spanking around a track.... that's more to do with the dynamics of tread block compression etc....

As to trying these other beads, if a sample were forthcoming for a UK user to evaluate before seeking a european distribution agreement.... otherwise I'll stick to DynaBeads which I know work very well.

Here are the independent studies.

http://counteractbalancing.com/BraziltestUS.pdf

http://counteractbalancing.com/report.pdf

Alot of people think that they are doing something special. All they do is balance the tires 100% of the time. They also adjust as the tire wears, as long as you check your tire pressure!! If you run motorcycle tires with the tire pressure to low, no balancer will help.

Ok so we now know that a Semi will benefit, How about a Motorcycle study?

Sorry they haven't conducted a study on a motorcycle tire. But just ask anyone here that uses a bead to balance if they thought it improved their tire life or had a smoother ride. The most recent tire I saw was on a GL1800 Goldwing. Normally they will get 10,000 miles out of a Dunlap Ellie 3. The guy got 15,000 miles. He said, he normally got around 10,000 miles.

Will you answer my question about size? Is the motorcycle and car bead the same? I'm guessing they are the same, They all go through the valve stem.

Interesting e-mail from Dyna Beads.

ST Owners.com
I am answering this so you can get our take...

We get a kick out of the competitors, They try and come up with various ways that internal balancing works. When in fact if you put something in your tire to balance the principal is the same.
It is a personal preference, Our Ceramic Beads are perfectly round and have no voids or cracks to wear your tire on the inside. They are reusable and we have a full technical department and documentation of Technical issues that people want to know about.
Competitors are glass plastic liquid and various other items products. Put some in a tumbler for a period of time, what comes out sand.... the coating will wear off the glass, the glass grinds down and you are left with sand that is very abrasive (example abrasive cloth? sand paper?).

As far as Air soft pellets, same scenario the pellets wear down you get plastic shaving and irregular shapes inside your tire and then inner tire wear.

You guys decide what you want in your tires? We have 4 MC's in our house, and there are only 2 wheels last time I looked on each. I want the best in my tires.

THANK YOU,
CAROL

DYNA BEADS
(TEL)585-467-6028
(FAX)585-336-9397
www.dynabeads.com

We do not go on forums we let the guys have their own thoughts, We would never use the forums as a place to sell like some others might. Go ahead and copy and paste what I wrote as a quote for them with my signature!!! and email!

THANK YOU,
CAROL

DYNA BEADS
(TEL)585-467-6028
(FAX)585-336-9397
www.dynabeads.com

carol@innovativebalancing.com

Not saying there bad just letting everyone know the other side of the story.
I just ordered 2-10oz packs on e-bay to try them out. Made a $18 offer and they took it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200750508257?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Sorry i had to point this out.

Dyna Beads
"Our Ceramic Beads are perfectly round and have no voids or cracks to wear your tire on the inside."

Please refer to this forum PG 4 Post #34 by user Mean
"just pulled my first set of tires having used Dynabeads with them and I had a salt and pepper mix in there. Mostly salt. The black pieces were spherical rubber bits of the same size as the beads. The tire looked a little smoother where the beads ran around but I would not call it substantial wear."

Please refer to this forum PG 3 Post #22 by user SteveST1300
"Well I have seen the bits of rubber mixed in with the dyna beads when changing tires."

Here are the independent studies.

http://counteractbalancing.com/BraziltestUS.pdf

http://counteractbalancing.com/report.pdf

Alot of people think that they are doing something special. All they do is balance the tires 100% of the time. They also adjust as the tire wears, as long as you check your tire pressure!! If you run motorcycle tires with the tire pressure to low, no balancer will help.

I see. But the studies appear to show the gain in fuel mileage and tread life of a truck tire running the beads, over ones not balanced at all. Doesn't seem relevant for motorcycle tires that are balanced with weights. It's not much of a stretch to claim any product that balances a tire would provide a benefit over no balance at all.

You make a good point about tire pressure. Some riders just don't get why they toast their tires before their pals. ;)

Back
Top Bottom