CrazyKZ (Curt Gran) - 6/16/2012

Part One: My journey to pay my final respects to Curt started with a ride up from Niceville to Knoxville to meet up with my friend Kreis "H20Rider". We departed Knoxville in the wee hours of Friday heading North.

1st pic: My riding partner, Kreis (waiting in Chicago)

2nd pic: Sunrise along the way, I think in Kentucky.

3rd pic: Spent over 3 hours, in the heat of Chicago trying to get off the "Expressway." If a road was ever misnamed, this is the one!

4th pic: Met up with Scott at "The Dunn Bros. Coffee Book Store" in Pewaukee where Curt would go nearly every day. Scott had patiently waited to ride over with us to LaCrosse as we ran much later than originally planned (thank you Chicago). We enjoyed a cup of Curt's favorite non-fat, no sugar, coffee (which was very good) while reminiscing. The lady running the shop (we were the only customers) filled us in on how close the owners and their customers were to Curt. Curt would assist them with their computers and wifi service; always ready to lend assistance when it was needed. Everyone working there knew to never give Curt anything to drink with caffeine in it or else he'd be there all afternoon. :)

5th pic: This is the memorial message and expressions of condolence the shop had set out on their counter. We were informed plans were underway to put up a bulletin board for people to share their thoughts, stories and pics for all in the shop to share in.

The Dunn Bros. Coffee Book Store is at 1463 Capitol Dr in Pewaukee, WI . . . if you'd like to stop by, check it out and maybe have a cup of coffee while thinking about the joy Curt brought to so many people.

Shuey

Attachments

• aa Sunrise KY.JPG
    aa Sunrise KY.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 18
  • bb Kreis H20Rider.JPG
    bb Kreis H20Rider.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 31
  • cc Chicago.JPG
    cc Chicago.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 21
  • dd Dunn Bros.JPG
    dd Dunn Bros.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 39
  • ee Shop Memorial.JPG
    ee Shop Memorial.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Part two: So, Kreis, Scott and I arrived in LaCrosse at the Super 8 about 11:30pm with lots of people still milling around the parking lot. Great to see so many friends and familiar faces.

Saturday morning came all to quickly and about 10:00 am everyone mounted up and headed over to St Paul's Lutheran Church.

Pic 6: The church was packed. A slide show ran to the left and there was a signature book at the back of the church. There were so many people that many had to wait to sign it until later at The LaCrosse Center. The service was a mix of sadness and joy, "Family time" and "God time." Apologies were made for the a/c being out, but I don't think anyone minded.

Following the service, a procession was soon ready to travel to The Lacross Center for a light lunch and fellowship; a sharing of stories of how Curt had touched our lives. Curt's ashes rode in the lead bike, so technically and emotionally, Curt led the way one last time. Fitting.

Pic 7: Bikes parked in front of The LaCrosse Center. More were parked out-of-sight around the corner and some across the street as parking space ran out. I counted 103 bikes that I could see and as Kevin noted earlier, some departed after the service.

Following the lunch, Kreis and I, joined by Landon departed and were guided out of town and on down to Southern Illinois by a 4th rider (I can't remember his name, but when I do or someone let's me know, I'll edit it in, apologies).

Pic 8: As we rode, I happened to catch this sunset which seemed appropriate to end the day with as we rode on.

Rest in Peace Curt knowing your joy lives on in the memories of all of us who knew you.

Shuey

Attachments

• ff St Pauls.JPG
    ff St Pauls.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 41
  • gg LaCrosse Ctr 103.JPG
    gg LaCrosse Ctr 103.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 28
  • hh Day's End IL.JPG
    hh Day's End IL.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
603502_4032988138697_1846547143_n.jpg

473801_4032994698861_102053189_o.jpg

524054_4032998098946_484553636_n.jpg

This was a rougher time on the family than we thought. While searching the web for news stories I found an obituary for Curt's grandfather. He passed just a few days after Curt. I can't imagine the pain the family is in.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

This was a rougher time on the family than we thought. While searching the web for news stories I found an obituary for Curt's grandfather. He passed just a few days after Curt. I can't imagine the pain the family is in.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Man, that is rough. I can't imagine what Curt's folks are going through.

Well.....they might actually be getting some comfort from this. This gent was not young and in my view, it's actually comforting to know Grandpa is bringing up the rear with some fishing poles. For all you know, Grandpa thought it would be a great time to depart. Sorry if this is sort of creepy but I tend to be holistic when it comes to life events.

Last edited:
More condolences to Curt's whole family of the passing of their Grandpa,,, no matter who, it's always hard to lose loved ones.

Unbelievable! :(

Well, that tribute made me cry too so George, you were not alone. And to lose Grandpa too...sigh. Offering up more prayers of peace and mercy to the whole family. As some might believe, perhaps this was good timing for Curt and his Grandpa...??? HAs to be heart wrenching for the family though.

Sorry to bring up this dark thread again, but I wanted to let people know I just got the 2nd batch of Curt Gran stickers today and they look very nice- the sharpness and colors are much better than the first batch. For those who have contacted me about stickers, I'll be mailing them out from this new batch starting Monday. I'll also be bringing all the extras with me to any event I go to. I'll also be bringing a large batch to donate at Moonshine 2013.

Jim

Sorry to bring up this dark thread again, but I wanted to let people know I just got the 2nd batch of Curt Gran stickers today and they look very nice- the sharpness and colors are much better than the first batch. For those who have contacted me about stickers, I'll be mailing them out from this new batch starting Monday. I'll also be bringing all the extras with me to any event I go to. I'll also be bringing a large batch to donate at Moonshine 2013.

Jim

Bringing up the dark thread of Curt's passing to let us know about the these is just a reminder to remember a good friend.

Thanks again for doing this.

One of the Pardeeville Jims

Back
Top Bottom