"all bikes lead to a Goldwing"

Nice new bike! Wishing you lots of happy miles.
I've been doing the same mental gymnastics myself. I hope to hold out until the fall to see if I can find a nice low mileage used one. Not sure how long I'll make it!

Congrats Mike. Thought you were looking too closely at Scott’s bike. Enjoy putting some miles on that Green Hornet.

Now all you need Mike is the proper riding attire….ha ha. All joking aside, I think you made a nice choice. A pretty much “do it all machine “. Besides, the color kind of goes with the bug doctor theme. Congrats buddy.
Jeff

The old boy was right .... I bought a DCT Tour about three years ago (ex demo , before prices went a bit mad) - now with about 33,000 miles on it. Can't think what I would replace it with - have done 2000 miles on an ST1300 in the last 6 weeks - but it's just not quite as good for all sorts of reasons. DCT is a delight , and was NOT hard to get used to at all.
.... but I would like a ride on the new Guzzi Stelvio .... just to see (test drove Mandello - the engine is nice !!)

Once Karen said “that’s a nice bike” I knew the deal was done
Mike
I think more so than most motorcycles, the wife has bought more Goldwings than the husband. It was that way in my case. Once she sat on it and rode around the neighborhood on a demo it was the first time my wife said with a pleasant smile “Are are you thinking of buying that motorcycle?” The ground moved under my feet!

Last edited:
Again, MUST…STOP…LOOKING…AT…NEW…BIKES…
That matte green color is very nice. I really do like that. I think if I were to buy a Goldwing, I would probably get the non tour DCT package as you did and then set it up for a top box like a GiVi. I’ve seen Goldwings set up that way and they actually look quite nice.
IMG_1375.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 22
Jon, is that the Honda rack? I was thinking about just putting dry bags on the seat and rack. I have a Shad 39 for the Versys that could be used. Any modifications to make this work?
Mike

John, is that the Honda rack? I was thinking about just putting dry bags on the seat and rack. I have a Shad 39 for the Versys that could be used. Any modifications to make this work?
Mike
It’s a very nice rack sold on Amazon for @ $129 - I installed it with my Givi mount mounted on. Twisted throttle still sells the Givi mt for $25 I think. I love that color and you are going to love that bike, congratulations!

I have always said I'd NEVER get a Goldwing ... that's admitting you're old. BUT, when they did the redesign in '18, I jumped on board immediately. This ain't your dad's Goldwing. My '18, non tour, DCT 'Wing is the best bike I've ever had. As I have seen so many people say in different forums, it really is an ST1800. Fun on the twisties, yet a comfortable dream on the open highway.

It’s a very nice rack sold on Amazon for @ $129 - I installed it with my Givi mount mounted on. Twisted throttle still sells the Givi mt for $25 I think. I love that color and you are going to love that bike, congratulations!
Thanks. That is what I'm looking for. I will purchase a Shad mounting plate and use the top box I already have.
Mike

I have always said I'd NEVER get a Goldwing ... that's admitting you're old. BUT, when they did the redesign in '18, I jumped on board immediately. This ain't your dad's Goldwing. My '18, non tour, DCT 'Wing is the best bike I've ever had. As I have seen so many people say in different forums, it really is an ST1800. Fun on the twisties, yet a comfortable dream on the open highway.
I couldn't agree more. I have ridden the older Goldwings and they felt like riding behind a barn door. This has a much smaller frontal area that still offers plenty of wind protection. I will probably get a slightly taller windscreen, maybe a F4 or something similar.
Mike

Add me to that "never thought I'd..." list.

But somehow, my new 'Wing looks an awful lot like a BMW GSA, which I DID intend to buy one day...

So I'll be keeping my MiniWing for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom