• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

TN: A to Z (Round 6)

Trinity For T -
Trinity.jpg
Trinity Church.jpg
Trinity Marker.jpg

Not much left except the church - but back in the day a church was usually the center of a community.
There was also a school connected with it - Trinity Elementary.
The first charter was granted in 1883 for the Trinity Academy and it met in the Trinity Methodist Church.
Twice, the church was hit by tornadoes, and twice the church members rebuilt.

A third location for Trinity school, on Wilson Pike, was built in 1947.

Last edited:
Gimme a T for Texas...

-- Lynyrd Skynyrd
(Don't worry, Tennessee is mentioned in that song, the next line. But you knew that.)

(U)nionville is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Bedford County, Tennessee. As of the 2020 census, it has a population of 1,394. The community was established in 1827 and named Unionville after two rival settlements merged1.

Unionville has a post office with the ZIP code 37180 and is home to three public schools: Community Elementary School, Community Middle School, and Community High School1. Notably, it is the birthplace of Tennessee governor Jim Nance McCord1.

Another repeat, but, what ya gonna do. I searched for the name up and down and found a little market with the name. As I'm taking a pic I see the post office through some trees. Took some roads I haven't been on before, so not totally boring.

20240903_130413.jpg

Yell For Y (Y's are pretty scarce!)

Yell.jpg

Right next to the church is Bivins Road which was named after one of my great grandfathers family.
He and his two sons owned most of the land on the road which they probably inherited from his father who appears on land maps dating back to1899 in that area.

Well you beat me to the y LOL! Z's are kind of scarce to but there is one in the middle of no-where-Fentress county I may have to check out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom