I dont want the game to end.

Hogwash!... You're still in control and lots of things you can do to prevent DVT.

Loose some weight - that alone prevents a lot of issues and just takes some commitment with regards to what you eat/drink.

Exercise - make a healthy lifestyle your new hobby and it will pay off quickly.

Sorry about your issues but "Do not go gentle into that good night"
It's probably why I am still alive. I saw the swelling in my leg and it frightened me. I couldn't get my riding boots to close around my ankles! It started going to the gym to walk on the treadmill and ride the exercise bike. (measured distances with increasing goals) I have dropped 20 pounds and continue to both diet and to watch what I eat. The doc says I am on the right track but he wants me on Eliquis to eliminate the clot. My boots fit fine now.

By now I feel as if I have aged years in the space of a few months. Weeks even. If you think about it it makes sense, when you are young you grow in leaps and bounds, then years of relative stability. Seems that (by now I have read reports) that we age also in spurts, at around 40 then again at 60.... I think this is what is happening to me right now. An onset of sudden aging.
I spent the last two weeks in pain, not agony, but annoying aches and ouches that made it difficult to relax and even tossing and turning in bed trying to find some comfy position. The doc gave me some tablets to relax the skeletal muscles and they seem to help get a good sleep.
But. you cant stop times teeth from gnawing on you and in the end one day you will be gone and a memory regardless on how much you fight it.

By now I feel as if I have aged years in the space of a few months. Weeks even. If you think about it it makes sense, when you are young you grow in leaps and bounds, then years of relative stability. Seems that (by now I have read reports) that we age also in spurts, at around 40 then again at 60.... I think this is what is happening to me right now. An onset of sudden aging...
Mellow's words are great. Especially the first word..."Hogwash". Then, "Loose some weight" and "Exercise" You're in control over all that. :)
Hogwash!... You're still in control and lots of things you can do to prevent DVT.

Loose some weight - that alone prevents a lot of issues and just takes some commitment with regards to what you eat/drink.

Exercise - make a healthy lifestyle your new hobby and it will pay off quickly.

Sorry about your issues but "Do not go gentle into that good night"
I noticed something when I reached my early 60s. Some people seemed to age very fast from that point. Others just kind of idled along, not aging any quicker than when they were younger.

I had a couple in my Life Group (aka Bible study). He was in his early 80s, and looked like that. She was in her late 50s...and looked and acted just as old. On the other hand, there was a man in the seminary class I was teaching who was in his early 70s...and looked and acted like he was still in his late 50s. Why?

I think it is because we decide it is time to sit around and wait to die. I'm ready to die...but not yet. Like Mellow wrote, "Do not go gentle into that good night."

Chris

I also think as a hobby motorcycling keeps us young... in that, we enjoy life more being able to see the world in ways many in vehicles can't understand. It also makes us more aware of our surroundings which keeps our brains active and alert...

But, then we sit around the campfire, drink and fart... okay, never mind...

Mellow's words are great. Especially the first word..."Hogwash". Then, "Loose some weight" and "Exercise" You're in control over all that. :)

I noticed something when I reached my early 60s. Some people seemed to age very fast from that point. Others just kind of idled along, not aging any quicker than when they were younger.

I had a couple in my Life Group (aka Bible study). He was in his early 80s, and looked like that. She was in her late 50s...and looked and acted just as old. On the other hand, there was a man in the seminary class I was teaching who was in his early 70s...and looked and acted like he was still in his late 50s. Why?

I think it is because we decide it is time to sit around and wait to die. I'm ready to die...but not yet. Like Mellow wrote, "Do not go gentle into that good night."

Chris
I think it's a combination of genetics and attitude. My brother is two years younger than I am but has been mistaken for my dad. He is not an old-acting person, unhappy, depressed, etc. He just got more of his genetics from my mom's side of the family than I did. He does stay extremely active and takes his pickleball stuff wherever he goes.

When I was in medical and was calling on ALF's a lot, I noticed that the people who aged the best in general were those who accepted change well. The people who did not accept change well were often bitter and acted much older.

I think motorcycling and similar pursuits keep us young - at least mentally.

Back
Top Bottom