Where did you ride today?

Finally got Blue out of the garage today, there may have been a little more salt and grime on the roads that I would have liked, but I got out on a 129 mile loop around the countryside today. Gave her a bath when I got back home. Stopped for a little lunch, then some ice cream and then a sign that had todays temperature on it. Seemed warmer that -196° F :oops:03.Mar.2024 - 129 miles.png

IMG_20240303_180348.jpg

IMG_20240303_180358.jpg

I personally prefer to not ride at -196F. Tires brake apart on every bump, always need to replace it, not convenient

Around the neighborhood; looking north at Mundy Park in Coquitlam. Bit of snow over the previous night and 3 to 4C early afternoon made for a cool ride. Stopped here last April as a Black Bear ran through the park down and across Mariner Way into Riverview Forest in the middle of day. Quite a surprise to a good crowd in the park.

IMG_3855.jpg

106 miles Yesterday......98 today......Rode Here, There, and Everywhere.....Didn't see any Beatles though!!! :biggrin: Russ.

Thursday and Friday not today, rode across Georgia over and back looking for all those courthouses. 1001 miles and I'm up to 28 of 159 counties. I camped at Blythe Island Recreational Park near Brunswick. The park was OK but the primitive camp area is very primitive with very little clearing of the swamp trees and plants. They included Gator slides right in the campsites! as the bay water creeks back right up to the campsites.

I'm maybe 1/4th done as the north counties are pretty close together?? I'd guess about 5,000 more miles and I'm done with the Georgia courthouses. It's a bit "hard" to do as I've been to 3/4th's of these towns before but I didn't get the pic then...Most of the central and northern counties will be new for me, at least half of them.

So far Lowndes County courthouse in Valdosta has seemed to be the best looking old courthouse. I'm much more impressed with the old design of the buildings over what we get today such as big metal buildings.

gamapgot.jpg

IMG_3659.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom