Old Enough To Remember?

You can still get free bullet holes in some places. Especially Chicago....jus sayin.
Ha ha, you only got these bullet holes with a full tank of four star... That’s something for the antique brits here: When was the last time you filled the Granada with three star?
Sorry, meant to say "Zodiac"

Last edited:
I remember when I worked in a motorcycle shop when I was about 16. The shop had a hand crank cash register and at the end of the day when we closed up it seemed like a daily ritual the owner would come over when we hit the total key and pulled the crank over and revealed what our sales where that day.

................ The shop had a hand crank cash register and at the end of the day when we closed up it seemed like a daily ritual the owner would come over when we hit the total key and pulled the crank over and revealed what our sales where that day.

I worked in a gas station around 1975 - 77 and the owner had spent a fortune on a 3 or 4 drawer electric NCR cash register with individual keys to categorize the type of sale, i.e. gas, oil, service, parts etc....... Each of us on duty was assigned one drawer with a cash float and at the end of a shift he'd run the totals and they'd print out. Each person was responsible for shortages. The NCR was a mechanical computer and it crunched for about 4 - 5 minutes, it seemed, before it printed out the summary of sales.

1960-61 Kingsville TX. My father was looking at a Zenith color TV in a furniture store and the salesman invited us to come back after hours to watch Wells Fargo in color. I remember sitting in the middle of the store in a new reclining chair watching the show.

1960-61 Kingsville TX. My father was looking at a Zenith color TV in a furniture store and the salesman invited us to come back after hours to watch Wells Fargo in color. I remember sitting in the middle of the store in a new reclining chair watching the show.
wow, I go thru, rather by, Kingsville several times a month.

wow, I go thru, rather by, Kingsville several times a month.
My dad was stationed at NAS Kingsville from 1960 -63. I had two Aunts and two Uncles and a lot of cousins living in Corpus at the time. One uncle was a lease farmer and owned 13 acres near the corner of Weber road and Chapman Ranch road. Weber road was named after my Grandfather. One of my cousins owns Dodson Farms Inc. out of Robstown.

My dad was stationed at NAS Kingsville from 1960 -63. I had two Aunts and two Uncles and a lot of cousins living in Corpus at the time. One uncle was a lease farmer and owned 13 acres near the corner of Weber road and Chapman Ranch road. Weber road was named after my Grandfather. One of my cousins owns Dodson Farms Inc. out of Robstown.
Very interesting stuff.

Very interesting stuff.

Talk about dating oneself!! "Gas wars" were pretty common in the distant past. I can remember signs advertising 14.9 cents per gallon in the mid 50's. Seems like that was significantly below cost but who knows what the motivation was.

Listening to the wireless in the car this afternoon..... The 1972 Olympics, you know the one in Munich, just ten or twenty years ago.....?
Fifty years have passed..... That was the year I came to Germany for the first time and a different Germany it was. Backed by German NeoNazis the Palestinians had captured nine members of the Israeli Team after killing two of them. Things came to a head in Fürstenfeldbruck when the German anti Terror GSG9 botched an attempt to rescue the Israelis who then died in the ensuring shoot out.

Talk about dating oneself!! "Gas wars" were pretty common in the distant past. I can remember signs advertising 14.9 cents per gallon in the mid 50's. Seems like that was significantly below cost but who knows what the motivation was.
Last gas war I remember was in 1968, gas had dropped under a quarter a gallon for a few days then took a brief dip...down to 17 cents. I topped off my CA77 Honda for 24 cents.

Listening to the wireless in the car this afternoon..... The 1972 Olympics, you know the one in Munich, just ten or twenty years ago.....?
Fifty years have passed..... That was the year I came to Germany for the first time and a different Germany it was. Backed by German NeoNazis the Palestinians had captured nine members of the Israeli Team after killing two of them. Things came to a head in Fürstenfeldbruck when the German anti Terror GSG9 botched an attempt to rescue the Israelis who then died in the ensuring shoot out.
Not the German police's fault. The media, Dan Rather, set up their live broadcasts showing the original rescue attempt to the world which included the terrorists in the Olympic village:mad:. First attempt had to be called off which led to the failed attempt at Fürstenfeldbruck.

Back
Top Bottom