I’m splitting this clam bake. See ya soon Boston!

Looking forward to some great New England fall color photos from you Pop-Pop. Hopefully you can stay ahead of the cold front we are going to have Monday in Michigan. Forecasting a high of 40. Next Sunday back up to 68. Perfect for a fall ride!

It wouldn’t be a Pop-Pop tour without a snow encounter somewhere. This week might be it.
Now thats cold! Im un ny, and will b home tomorrow. Hit the interstate because i wanted to go fast. Gotta tell you, the st is the best bike there is! I had a ball!
ill grab some leefer pics tomorrow for sure!
Maybe ive run out of weather! Ive been in so many crappy weathers that maybe the weather gods will show some grace tomorrow and get me home in one dry piece

That I-90 through PA and most of NY is a drone. Especially after being in that wonderful western scenery. Great for making time though. Happy and safe last day to home!

That I-90 through PA and most of NY is a drone. Especially after being in that wonderful western scenery. Great for making time though. Happy and safe last day to home!
Upstate new york in rt 90 i pretty, but no, not like monument or glen canyon. What is really nice is that i have a ton of rubber left and just might have to take a spin thru vt after i care for a client or two.

Got back home a few days ago and had a million things to do. The last day, I rode wet roads and rain all day, left late, and had to do 380 mi, which is really not what I wanted. But, I'm home and all is well.
Lost a hat, sprung a airpad leak, broke my right side mirror with a drop, and cracked my phone screen. Not too bad!
This tour was weird, as I spent a ton of time with the kids, and I really enjoyed helping them out..
When I got home, I was shocked that I had done over 9500 mi!
I spent little time in Natl Parks and rode a lot of places without guard rails! I found myself in Arizona, Colorado and Utah a lot, Which was really nice considering last spring it was sand storms, high wind and slush. Very good weather this time.
I camped a ton, and found a slew of free or cheap camps.
Oddly, I met a bunch of Massholes, like myself, and saw shockingly few other bikes out on the road. Maybe because I was riding the less popular routes.
Met a few guys on ST'S along the way and hope they join this group. Met a few members also, and appreciated the visits and handshakes. This is a very good group here.
Everyday was better than going to work of course, and the biggie was the kids and my decision to move to Pagosa. It's going to take a while, but the paperwork is already in the mail.
So, I'm back in Boston, getting ready for the spring tour. nn.jpg

Glad you are back home safe and with minor trauma. Enjoyed your travel log of events. Next time you are out this way give me a heads up and maybe we could meet up for a visit some where.

Back
Top Bottom