RTC 2022/09/9-11, NM, Sipapu, Sipapu Ski Lodge

That was sudden and unexpected. Looking for another?

Tom
With a bad knee and some hip pain it was getting more painful to ride long distance. Coming back from Ferry STOC I pretty much sealed the deal. I got almost what I paid for it in 2013. I sat on Okckieth's Trophy, really liked the ergo on it. Thats what I'm looking for right now.

With a bad knee and some hip pain it was getting more painful to ride long distance. Coming back from Ferry STOC I pretty much sealed the deal. I got almost what I paid for it in 2013. I sat on Okckieth's Trophy, really liked the ergo on it. Thats what I'm looking for right now.
I'd look for something like my 2018 K1600B with underseat controls and forward floorboards (nothing like flip out ST highway pegs). Although the RT is my favorite ride my knees tell me it's no comfort contest with the B for slabbing a distance.

Tom

32163022888_ea6c0ae729_z.jpg

I'd look for something like my 2018 K1600B with underseat controls and forward floorboards (nothing like flip out ST highway pegs). Although the RT is my favorite ride my knees tell me it's no comfort contest with the B for slabbing a distance.

Tom

32163022888_ea6c0ae729_z.jpg
I didn't win the lotto :thumb: Like the ctx 1300 but the bags are too small

I look forward to hearing. Also note that if you are a really early riser and ride between Clayton, NM and Springer, NM, at about the halfway point on that stretch is Gladstone, NM. One small store which serves great breakfast burritos and wonderful burgers. I try to spend money there every time I pass.

I have passed that store hundreds of times over the years and never stopped. May have to give it a try sometime. I usually ride on to Red River for breakfast at Shotgun Willies.

I have passed that store hundreds of times over the years and never stopped. May have to give it a try sometime. I usually ride on to Red River for breakfast at Shotgun Willies.
I like Willy's also, but Gladstone Mercantile has better burritos and burgers. They also sell some great "home made" style of veggies in jars. I love their pickled okra and some of the hot pickles. The lady who cooks also makes some fantastic actual home made cream cheese dessert pockets!

:cucumber1::cucumber1::cucumber1::cucumber1: Come on Mellow re-direct and meet us in Sipapu!!!!
I wish, not that simple when the W word comes into the equation, I may be done for the year due to some aggressive planning. Or, may not be able to burn any vacation 'til later in the year.

Thread bump. :thumb:

Mark B from St Louis area is thinking of meeting up in Pampa on 8 Sept on the way to Sipapu. :cool:
Camping weather looking good: Sipapu lower 70's to mid 40's. For me getting there: Shreveport lower 80's to lower 70's and Pampa mid 80's to lower 60's. :tent3:

Tom

I live in Pampa. If you need anything, let me know. I should be around here then.
I was also in Sipapu this past week.

Thread bump. :thumb:

Mark B from St Louis area is thinking of meeting up in Pampa on 8 Sept on the way to Sipapu. :cool:
Camping weather looking good: Sipapu lower 70's to mid 40's. For me getting there: Shreveport lower 80's to lower 70's and Pampa mid 80's to lower 60's. :tent3:

Tom

When I used to live in Denver about 30 years ago, I went down to the Sipapu Rally a few years. I’m just curious….how many days are you taking to get there from FL?

I wish, not that simple when the W word comes into the equation, I may be done for the year due to some aggressive planning. Or, may not be able to burn any vacation 'til later in the year.

im bailing on this event spending time with the wife instead…

Editing my plan to relatively easy 500 mile 8 hour days, still camping: COE Gunter Hill Montgomery AL, COE Clear Spring Texarkana, Pampa Tx, and Sipapu. :tent3:

Tom

Last edited:
Ok……I’m in. Haven’t been out west since Nat STOC in June. Guess it’s time……:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom