What did you do with your Yamaha today?

You almost can't give a VStar away these days; never has the point - If you're not in love with it, don't buy it been more true. Will be riding my Yamaha in the coming weekend to exercise the parts and flush the carbs, a lot of things come to mind in the five years I've had it, first, wow what a great bike, had a weird vibration through the right handlebar, turned out to be a problem carried over from the previous owner. Second was, how long does a motorcycle battery last? Bought in 2017, charge once in a while, guess we'll see.
The same bikes that I've watched in my neck of the woods... are still for sale... like three years later, could it be the air cooled, carburated, shaft drive, harley knock off looks, one can only imagine, in any event, this was my one and only foray into this style of motorcycle for it's own sake and I'm glad I picked it up. I recall [after the carb fix] thinking, I could never buy another motorcycle and miss nothing.

IMG_8661.JPG

I repacked the Delkevic silencer on my Super Ténéré. Delkevic sells a kit for that but the stainless steel rivets they include are a lot tougher to set than the usual aluminum ones. I had to hit up Harbor Freight for a heavy duty riveter.

Back
Top Bottom