Wednesday July 10th Café.

Bike
VStrom 650
Don't get the hump, the French Roast is back and it's ready. We've got some real Greek Yoghurt with lightly stewed strawberries and bilberries. Spanish forest honey is available to pour.
It rained a lot, it may not rain a lot today and we may see 60. F'in 60!
Pffffffftttttt.
Today may be an easy day, slow start and lunch out perhaps. We'll see.
England play the Netherlands in the semi finals of Euro 2024 tonight, could it be? It's a long while since we won a trophy, 58 years! Come on England!
If we beat the Netherlands then Spain await us in the final. Dare we dream?
Av a gud un and remember, it's not the bridge operators fault.
Upt.

Thx Ray!

A rainy day over here. Very rainy, wonder who lives south west from here and forwarded this sh*te…pffffft!
16˚c/61f, calm.

Peter is coming over for an all day exhaustion of grandpa.

Ocean swim yesterday afternoon was refreshing…16˚c/61f in the water…where did my thing go?

Have a good one, and remember, there will always be an England!
Stu

Summer 2024 motorcycle adventure…..along Gaularfjellsvegen
IMG_3412.jpeg

Good Morning and (WAIT! Wednesday?) Happy Wednesday it is!
Thank you for the black water and slush, Ray.
I wonder if Spanish honey is actually made by Spanish bees.
They zumbido.

I've been quite busy with another mechanical project and lost track of time again.
Oh well, retirement is a funny thing that way.
I guess I'll have to catch up on my ST-reading to see what youse have been doin'.

The Hyperbole channel insists that we in Bahama, have heat advisories and thunderstorms today.
So, I guess that'll be the menu for the rest o' the week too.
Yeah, Summer in Bahama is cruel sometimes.

Y'all have a wonderfill day!

1720605414632.png

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the French roast Ray, even though it means I have to recalibrate my taste buds again.

It's hot in Rockville- 81°F at this early hour, meaning it never cooled off overnight- and going to get hotter with an expected high of 95 and an excessive heat warning in effect between 0459 (really? they couldn't round it to 0500?) to 2000 hours this evening. That doesn't mean it won't still be hot outside that time window, of course, just not "excessively" so. Mostly sunny, meaning no chance of rain, means I'll need to see to watering the outdoor plants too.

I'll take a day off from goof after yesterday's predictably awful round. There are a couple small workshop tasks to be seen to, and the much more substantial and never-fully-completed cleanup and reorganization process to go with them. Then... whatever. I'll join neighbors for dinner this evening at the local Italian place.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee and delectable edibles, Ray!

It's still muggy here; not quite as hot as before, but still pretty steamy. What's left of Beryl is barrelling down on us - warnings of very heavy rainfall and flooding abound. And alas, it now looks like it's going to rain and go bang-crash-boom through to next Wednesday. So it looks like this weekend, I'll be driving 5 hrs+ in the rain, visiting in the rain and coming home in the rain on Monday. Sigh. Oh, well.

Have a good one, everybody, stay safe and go safely. And as Mr. Bumblebee says, a trabajar, incluso los que no son ni guapos, ni ricos!

Patty

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Ray.

16C and foggy, headed to a feels like 38C. We also have a special weather statement about the impending rain events. It'll be a mix of what we were supposed to get plus the remnants of hurricane Beryl as it moves up from Maine & Quebec. Humidity is sitting at 71% currently. Ugh.

Not sure what shenanigans are coming to come to fruition today. On my bathroom saga the new toilet has been in a few days (I don't like it) and removed the old sink and taps last evening and did a dry fit of the new. I had to run out about 8:30 for new braided water supply lines for the sink, then decided to wait until today (or later) to install everything.

Today's funny isn't nearly up to the vegan face plant, but it's in keeping with my kind of bad humor.

1720610820864.jpeg

I axolotl questions.

The randomness is courtesy of the web: The balloons floated away along with all my hopes and dreams.

Man, that's not a let down at all, is it?

Hope you all have an excellent day!

Obo.

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee start, Ray.

It's 74 and foggy here in MA this morning, going to 87 for today's high.
It'll be cloudy all day, and we expect rain tonight.

Yesterday was spent installing a hands-free drier in the restroom of my friend's restaurant. The wall looked like Swiss cheese from all of the inserts from the previous dryers, so I had to do some patching. Of course no job would be complete without a trip to Home Depot. One more to go...
I also made a visit to the gym, and walked 4 miles in the heat and humidity.

Today, I'll just sit around, watching cars go around and around the track.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

Good morning all!
Thanks for the “dreamy” start Ray!
Yesterday saw the fetching of my new truck.
It’s lovely to drive, very comfy!
Fuel consumption may vary!!!
Those twin turbos make it howl when you want to play a wee bit!
@STooRay, that’s a beautiful & rugged country you’re showing us!
Enjoy your HumpDay!
WB

Back to French Roast, and that's not requiring any recalibration by me. Thanks Ray!

I'm 0-for-3 with this cursed $15 mower solenoid. The grass looks like a meadow, without livestock.

Home Depot solenoid - close but no wheel.
Lowe's - used and no good.
Amazon (arrived yesterday) - very well used, and I'm not even going to install it. WTH? I didn't order a used part!

But I'll find one that works, because now it's become a mission.

Have a good day, and know your parts.

This is what came yesterday, even with missing a spade connector. Correct part number, though.

Attachments

• JD solenoid Amazon.jpg
    JD solenoid Amazon.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 22
Back to French Roast, and that's not requiring any recalibration by me. Thanks Ray!

I'm 0-for-3 with this cursed $15 mower solenoid. The grass looks like a meadow, without livestock.

Home Depot solenoid - close but no wheel.
Lowe's - used and no good.
Amazon (arrived yesterday) - very well used, and I'm not even going to install it. WTH? I didn't order a used part!

But I'll find one that works, because now it's become a mission.

Have a good day, and know your parts.

This is what came yesterday, even with missing a spade connector. Correct part number, though.

If I was the Sun I'd be Sol annoyed!

It may not be the solenoid that's bad but the wiring to the switch that activates it....

Morning all you caffeine swillers......

Thanks Ray for what you do......

And everyone needs to know....... it's freakin hot out there. Warmer even today.......

And Patty, quit posting pics from 20 years ago........ Not fair to those of us who do age............ :nanana1:

Go Have a wednesaturday, or a hump day......you pick,
T

Back
Top Bottom