Victory Vision looking better

Computer Nerd

full frontal nerdity
There's a newer version of the Victory Vison called the "Street."

It does not have the funky top case, and BOY does the bike look better.

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/new...ry-Vision-Gallery/Vision-Street-Rear-High.htm

This could be my next commuter. I wish it had an option for a smaller size engine. Like say a 1300cc instead of a 1700cc. You wouldn't be like Clarkson going "Powwwwwerrr!" But at least you would have twenty extra bucks in your pocket when you got to where you are going.

I think its FUGLY and impractical, a side case that wont hold a helmet! Oh yea I forgot those guys ride without or with a novelty helmet which might just fit in the side bag.

I pass a couple that rides the tourer everyday running up I-70/76. I just keep thinking Furby when I see it from a distance :D I kid.. I kid :)

They seem real happy on it... all smiles... eye patch, parrot on shoulder and all :D I kid... I kid... :)

It's interesting looking ... like roadkill.

I try to like those because they are unique and different than the regular V-twin style that every other bike looks like ... but, I just cannot get on that train.

At the same time there isn't much else to choose from. You have plastic wrapped motor bikes, v-twin cruisers and the Vision. Not much else out there that's unique.

I think it might be big for a commuter ...

Out on a limb here - I like the look of the Victory Vision. To my eye, it's design looks very art deco. I also like looks of the street version better than the tour edition.

I rode one this year at Daytona Bike Week and I found it to be very responsive for a large tourer. It also has the most comfortable stock seat of all the bikes I rode that week.

Would I buy one? Probably, if I had lots of extra money.

Would I trade my ST for one? No way.

Eric

Last edited:
I do like the look of the Vision even with the trunk on it. I agree it looks better without the trunk, but it is a really nifty design. I don't want one as my own, but I wouldn't be against going for a test ride on one...

I agree art deco. Looks like interesting lines and would make a cool toaster.
As a motorcycle it doesn't blow my skirt up. :D YMMV

Check out my ride report on the Vision Street.... the thread is... "I had a Vision"

Wow, you guys are pretty down on a bike that isn't terribly dissimilar to our own ST in the styling department.

Granted, you have to get over a bit more of a styling acceptance hurdle than with most other bikes.

But I think there are rewards there for somebody with, uh... vision. :)

I applaud Victory for trying something different.. not just throwing out another v-twin cruiser.. nothing wrong with those, just not my thing...

I don't care for the Vision for myself.. if I did, I'd have one. I have the bike now that I currently care to ride. Now, if Victory would throw their hat in the ring on a Sport Tourer.. that could be interesting...

Wow, you guys are pretty down on a bike that isn't terribly dissimilar to our own ST in the styling department.

Granted, you have to get over a bit more of a styling acceptance hurdle than with most other bikes.

But I think there are rewards there for somebody with, uh... vision. :)

I said it's a matter of personal taste. More power to them if they are successful. I happen to know a few employees at R&D and they were pretty clear that their goal is to come up with a design that will shock the senses and stimulate wildly opposing opinions. In other words, they didn't want to make a practical looking bike that is targeted for the average rider. As others have pointed out, the bags are useless for carrying substantial gear. I pointed that out to the dude at the M/C show and his attitude was 'style over function'.

For me the problem is this; it's not something I consider a practical motorcycle to own. I spent time examining this bike closely and figure they wasted 6 inches of open air on either side of the engine and about 8 inches in the back end to come up with that deco-whatever look. They could have made this thing narrower and shorter by simply body design and it would have been something more realistic to most motorcycles, while still having a unique look. But unique is not enough and they went for something provocative.

I completely disagree this bike is similar to the ST in the styling. Not sure where you can come close to any lines resembling the ST. We all have a different eye I guess. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom