TGIF, Sept 13th 2024

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
a date with a burden though... for the superstitious... :sneaky:

For me, the last workday... yay! :cool:

7°C/45°F, strong winds and... rain... lots of it...
Snowfall down to 700m/2300ft now... media spreading more panic...
So relax and have some hot cuppa Joe to warm your stomach... :coffee:

GF is bravely battling the weather on her NT700VA commuting to her workplace (to then complain about it via Telegram), whilst I boarded my trusty '96 Toyota... unmanly... :sneaky:
Will be on the ST for the oncoming 3 weeks anyway... :dr11:

...no dinner no movie no flowers no malls...
...no suit no tie no cell phone calls...

Monitoring https://plan.tomtom.com/en/?p=48.1535,16.3855,6z for any road blockages, will do again tonight for last route edits before uploading the stages onto the satnavs...

Office calm, dull as always (kinda start to miss running service calls and the 'sweat, blood and tears' during installations...), but pays the bills... 6 years to go...

have an excellent day... and stay dry...

cheers!

Last edited:
Thx Martin!
I’ll add some eggs (sunny side down) and bacon to the table.

It’s 10˚c/50f, calm and rain.
Still to warm to test our new stove though.

Had a busy, but fun time with Peter yesterday.
Suddenly he went from 100mph to climb onto my lap and fell asleep with a shivering fever…
After two hours he woke up again, much better.
Just heard from him, and he’s all right now, and is set for their weekend up on the mountains, a six hour drive….

Today will be shopping for wine and shrimps, housecleaning and general mischief, it’s Friiiiday!

Have a good one!
Stu

My antidepressant at work…….he really loves this hat!

IMG_3547.jpeg

Last edited:
Good Happy Fryday!
Thanks for the pot to go with the food on display here!
Pour me a slug from that wonderful jug!

Yesterday's test ride went well yesterday and the RTV is officially on the job.
I celebrated by falling asleep early in front of the TV watching some mechanic stuff.
Oh, the rapture!

@STooRay isn't amazing how kids immediately heal? Good for Peter!

Now it's time to clean up tools and other mess and start doing something useful around here.
Who knows what will happen today...

Y'all have a windderfill day!

1726217233263.png

Good morning, all. Thanks for the cup on this blustery morning, Martin.

It’s 69 and finally raining. It took a flipping hurricane to get it done, but we’re finally getting a soaking. The high of 81 will bring stifling humidity, but only for those who choose to go outside. I’ll take the opportunity to get household chores done today, starting as soon as I come back inside from the clothing optional dance in the rain.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbag?

John

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the coffee Martin, and for the breakfast goodies Stu.

It's 62°F and mostly cloudy in Rockville, where we expect partial sun (well, we expect the entire sun, but parts of it and/or the sky may be obscured by clouds some of the time) and a high of 80.

I've got Empty Calendar Syndrome again today. Something will fill the time, it always does.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Martin.

13's the current number, both in temp and date, and it's overcast. 22 will be later's number, still overcast. No snow though.

Hope Ray's boat wasn't too rough, but just rough enuf!

Today's funny is brought to you by the City of Kenosha's FAKE marketing dept....

1726224371704.png

Enjoy, and be wary of pitfalls in the road ahead.

Obo.

Good morning and thanks for the coffee, Martin.

It's 57,going to 81, and it'll be sunny again today.

I managed a gym visit and walk, yesterday, but never did the ride with Brenda.
We did make it to our local Mexican restaurant for dinner, though.

We'll try for a ride today. I mentioned heading south to Mystic, and she's ready to go. I'm hoping for smaller crowds and less traffic than our last visit.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

Good morning, all, and thanks for the coffee and breakfast, Martin and Stu.

Aaaaand we yo-yo back into muggy summer conditions. It's quite nice right now, at 14°C/59°F and no humidity, but the high later on will be 27°C/81°F with a feels-like of 33°C/91°F. Pretty "wilty." Mainly sunny all day, though, so pretty to look at. Through the window. From an air-conditioned room.

@ToddC: How's your neighbour's dog doing? It sounded like she was in pretty bad shape a couple of days ago, poor pooch. Hope she's on the mend.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely. Ray and Sue should be on the Continent by now. Hope all's well.

Patty

Good morning . Thanks for the food and coffee . Friday the 13th is Port Dover day here . Bikes started at 6 am on the trek to a sorta mini Sturgis event . I will maybe go this morning ,it is a lakeside town of about 4000 people that brings about 50000 bikers to town for a one day event been going on for 30 years or so . Will definitely be wearing my earplugs while there . Lots of nice bikes and people watching is a lot of fun . Take care and have a safe day eh !

Good morning all!
Thanks for the start Martin!
I enjoyed having those breakfasts when I was in Nottingham!

@nicksacco
Yesterday's test ride went well yesterday and the RTV is officially on the job.
Glad to hear your project is up & running! Pictures?

We had a fishing boat sink here last week, it is now floating again!
It only took a week to get the spill contained & the boat re-floated.

Miss Judy’s recovery is now in a higher gear! She is doing much better!

Take care today!
WB

good morning all. thank you for the coffee Martin. 72F on the dog walk with stars and a clear sky to enjoy. Yesterday my cardiologist was pleased which made me even more pleased with the test results. at 68 I hope to get a few more laps around the block .

so today I got to gym class so that kills the morning. some time between now and Sunday we need to hit Lowes for a new ceiling fan for our bedroom.

need to go to Fry's to food shop but also to get 4 times the fuel points. todays points will put us at $1.00 a gallon off. truck holds 26 gallons and its in the yellow empty zone on the gas gauge. so I should get some where around 20/22 dollars off. the high should be 96F. slowly, ever so slowly the high temps will come down and it will be riding session. enjoy the day

stay safe

Thanks for the warm up Martin, we're echoing your forecast over here but with flood warnings and a possible tornado.

Rain through the rest of the weekend too, we're told. Highs in the mid / upper 70s, which disturbs me. That ain't high to me.

The bikes and trailer will remain parked again today.

The crew came out to measure our kitchen counters yesterday, since Roz caught a burn to have faux granite counters. This after, I was tasked with measuring everything, sink, stove, end to end, corners, all of it. And they provided graph paper and a list of questions.

Why ask me to measure, only for them to come in behind me and take their own? Maybe because I didn't use a laser instrument on a tripod?

That's what they did.

Set to begin "in 2 - 3 weeks". Well OK then. This is not the kind of DIY I'd want to do, but we will have a new sink and faucet to replace this 45yo stuff.

And not much else here, so I'll excuse everyone to do what you need to do, or to do nothing at all.

The crew came out to measure our kitchen counters yesterday, since Roz caught a burn to have faux granite counters. This after, I was tasked with measuring everything, sink, stove, end to end, corners, all of it. And they provided graph paper and a list of questions.

Why ask me to measure, only for them to come in behind me and take their own? Maybe because I didn't use a laser instrument on a tripod?

That's what they did.

Set to begin "in 2 - 3 weeks". Well OK then. This is not the kind of DIY I'd want to do, but we will have a new sink and faucet to replace this 45yo stuff.

Hopefully you don't get a new stove again.... fitment being an issue in the past ;)

Good morning, all, and thanks for the coffee and breakfast, Martin and Stu.

Aaaaand we yo-yo back into muggy summer conditions. It's quite nice right now, at 14°C/59°F and no humidity, but the high later on will be 27°C/81°F with a feels-like of 33°C/91°F. Pretty "wilty." Mainly sunny all day, though, so pretty to look at. Through the window. From an air-conditioned room.

@ToddC: How's your neighbour's dog doing? It sounded like she was in pretty bad shape a couple of days ago, poor pooch. Hope she's on the mend.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely. Ray and Sue should be on the Continent by now. Hope all's well.

Patty

Sorry to say.......she was put down the next day. Panting, pain. Blind and not eating. She was a good dog. Sad times in the hood.
Thanks for asking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom