Helmets Recomendation on a full face helmet

I'm actually considering another Neotec 2 current lid) to put away for my next helmet, with these discounts.

Getting less persuaded by the standard "5 year shelf life" industry warnings, although i have seen some of my older, retired helmets disintegrate after many years.

Haven't quite decided yet, but thinking about it...

I'm actually considering another Neotec 2 current lid) to put away for my next helmet, with these discounts.

Getting less persuaded by the standard "5 year shelf life" industry warnings, although i have seen some of my older, retired helmets disintegrate after many years.

Haven't quite decided yet, but thinking about it...

We just bought Mrs. Obo a new Neotec2 with the built in (extra purchase) Sena SRL mesh comms a few weeks back. I'm waiting for the Neotech3's to be available locally. No on here has them yet as they are deep discounting the 2's to move them. We got the Neotch2 & Sena unit for about $1000 + tax. I could buy a new "3" online now, but would rather support local when I can.

Last edited:
We just bought Mrs. Obo a new Neotec2 with the built in (extra purchase) Sena SRL mesh comms a few weeks back.
I guess it will be 2 years this December that I've had my N2 with a separate Sena 50s. I wanted to be able to move the Sena to another helmet when I choose, although I've not done so. There are *some* other limitations with the built-in unit, I think one is that there's no external headset jack if it's in the helmet, whereas I can plug my Etymotics wired earplugs into them, which is what I prefer. My out-the-door price for the N2 and 50S was just under $1100 USD at Cycle World, and the nice counter guy even installed it in the helmet for me.

I tried the in-helmet speakers years ago, but they do not sufficiently reduce wind noise. Might could hear audio with sufficient volume, but then your ears are being assaulted with unnecessary additional decibels, in my non-medical-practitioner opinion.

What I will say is, it's good to have choices. I've found what works for me, and I haven't even tried to sync the Sena with my BMW's TFT or Nav system. It would be ideal to be able to control tracks, playback and volume with the Wonder Wheel, but it can be quite fiddly to accomplish because of the specific sequence required for pairing, having to redo it all over if you lose connection, the firmware updates for 3 or 4 pieces (TFT, GPS, Sena and your phone), so I haven't bothered with all that.

Should I ever have a half-day with the problem of finding something to do, I may actually attempt it. It's discussed at great microscopic length over on ADVrider.

Lastly, with the Shoei new ratchet buckle replacing the traditional d-rings, I saw at Barbers a Neotec 2 locked to a parked bike with the helmet lock which uses a T-shaped bar (there are many makers of these) to go through the rings... but he inserted the T-bar right through the ratchet buckle, and it fit perfectly from what I saw. I thought I wouldn't be able to use that style helmet lock with the ratchet style, but now I'll have to try it. I have a helmet lock I never installed, before I bought the N2.

If modular is an option, I personally recommend the Shark EVO-GT... Comes with 5-year warranty, retractible sun visor and Pinlock anti-fog insert.

There's a new model coming out soon (date TBC), so the EVO- range is becoming hard to find - which also means there's some good clearance deals around!

If you can only find the EVO-ES, they're basically the same shell but without the Pinlock visor - the GT Pinlock visor therefore fits the ES shell if you want to upgrade.

I like my LS2 Carbon, I bought several years ago. Light, great padding, and outward view. Fits similar to Shoei (I used to wear one), but smaller. In most helmets I'm a large, in this one an XL. I really like the clear shield and flip down visor. The quick connect for the strap is a great idea too, over the plain double D ring. Moderately quiet. I have my communication speakers on for music often.

As others have said, find what fits for most comfort and safety. I'm likely buying a new one in a year or two and it will be another LS2 in some sort of carbon (I like light).
Very noisy.

Back
Top Bottom