Ready, Set, Ride - Get Ready for Spring Riding in Ontario

I have done all the routes suggested, and they all have their own rewards. Today I joined a VStrom group and rode the Highlands. My morning started of at -3°C (7:00AM) hitting a high of 17.5°C in the afternoon and at the end of my run (9:00 PM) it was 7°C I managed to ride 850 kms today.

Next week I will be exploring some roads in Northern Ontario. I will do the first section of hwy 129,(Ontarios tail of the dragon) then take hwy 566 Ranger Road to Searchmount north of Sault St. Marie, then 17 to Echo Bay( yes there’s a song with that name) then 638 back down to 17. Across to Kukagami Road east of Sudbury (this is where Waterloo Jay and I first grew up). I will continue east to hwy 535 south then 400 South, 169 South back onto 400 till Horseshoe Valley road and wind my way home again
On my way up I will meet up with Jeff F, stop off at Oastler Lake campground to check out my digs for ONSTOC. ;). Head up to Sudbury then west taking the Lee Valley Road that follows the Spanish River and then visit a friend in Algoma Mills
There’s a whole bunch of other roads I will be exploring in the area as well.
This is a shakedown run on my VStrom.

Back
Top Bottom