Raising front end

I agree with checking the tire- I’m running tapered bearings in both 1100s (and torqued exactly the same) and only had the 94 with a decel wobble with a Shinko tire up front- didn’t happen with any other tire (and with roller bearings as well on that bike)- new tapered bearings on the 94 and 2000 in the past year (2000 had them for years but I figured I’d swap them both out based on age and mileage) and Shinko tire up front = wobble again, so I won’t be using a Shinko up front in the future (but the rear tire is wearing very well- also a Shinko). No Shinkos on the 2000 and never had a wobble
I have a Avon on the front that is questionable. Almost thinking that is part of the cause.
Have 1/16 tread left before the wear bar.
I am not impressed with Avon tires anyway.
What is the factory tires that originally came on these bikes?

No 40mph wobble for me since I went away from Avon a number of years ago.
Like others, I use a floor jack with a piece of wood under the motor. Then a jack stand supporting the axle depending on what I'm doing.

Got bike up. There is zero resistance on the steering.
Can I just loosen the pinch bolts on the triple and drop forks down enough to get the top triple off so I can tighten the steering head spanner nut?

Got bike up. There is zero resistance on the steering.
Can I just loosen the pinch bolts on the triple and drop forks down enough to get the top triple off so I can tighten the steering head spanner nut?
It should about like the front wheel bearings on an old car - loose enough to turn easy, tight enough not to wobble ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom