Possible new owner

Yep, I stopped on my way to Tampa to check this bike out - it was very nice and the owner credible too.

Since my trailer is in Tampa and Hurricane Milton was hitting Tampa that same evening you managed to save me from buying yet another bike as I surely would have gathered it up on my way back to Athens, TN. I guess for now I'll just have to be content with the 7 bikes I already have. Dang you ChipMaker :rofl1: (I think you got a good bike there and if you get tired of it let me know)

Today it was a little shaky. Wind was blowing fairly well and it has a GIVI trunk. When I get home I will take it off to see if the shakes go away. I have a good feeling thats what was causing it.
I've found that riding with the top box, especially at higher speeds, will make the bike more susceptible to wind buffeting.

There is/was also the issue known as Pan Weave:

There are quite a few discussions here about it, if you want to know more:.
ST-Owners.com Pan Weave - Google Search

Yep, I stopped on my way to Tampa to check this bike out - it was very nice and the owner credible too.

Since my trailer is in Tampa and Hurricane Milton was hitting Tampa that same evening you managed to save me from buying yet another bike as I surely would have gathered it up on my way back to Athens, TN. I guess for now I'll just have to be content with the 7 bikes I already have. Dang you ChipMaker :rofl1: (I think you got a good bike there and if you get tired of it let me know)
Oh yea, he told me someone from TN was looking at it and headed to FL. You snooze you loose. Just kidding. I feel like I got a good one also.
Will do if I decide some day to part with it.

IMG_2860.jpegIMG_2859.jpegIMG_2865.jpeg
Took the top box off and rode it. HUGE difference without it. I’m used to a naked bike and the windshield, fairing is something to get used to. I’ll put the top box back on once I start riding with my wife.

This is my #1 go to.
IMG_2862.jpeg

Took the top box off and rode it. HUGE difference without it. I’m used to a naked bike and the windshield, fairing is something to get used to. I’ll put the top box back on once I start riding with my wife.

Not sure, but that windshield looks taller than the OEM one. It also seems to have a forward curve at the top, like the "Laminar Lip." That might also be contributing to the buffeting. I tend to always ride with it in the lowest position.

I'm seeing lots of kewl farkles, now that I have a real screen (not the phone)... Throttlemeister, those unobtainable black fairing-fairings wind deflectors, aux lights, red-striped rims, OEM / unobtainable topbox, tipover bars, somebody's aftermarket exhaust, looks to be a radar detector, and highway pegs.
There may be more...

I'm seeing lots of kewl farkles, now that I have a real screen (not the phone)... Throttlemeister, those unobtainable black fairing-fairings wind deflectors, aux lights, red-striped rims, OEM / unobtainable topbox, tipover bars, somebody's aftermarket exhaust, looks to be a radar detector, and highway pegs.
There may be more...
You missed the cup holder. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom