Honda announces Forza 750 maxi-scooter

I'm curious where the gas goes? Haven't seen a pic showing how you fill it.. that's my biggest grip w/NC along with short-shifting which I hate... lol

I'll bet this "Forza" is the "Integra", rebadged and slightly updated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NC700D_Integra

Forza (from Mellow's post)
S1-essai-honda-forza-750-le-scooter-version-integra-le-650204.jpg

Integra
iu

If so, it is the same engine as is used in the NC700X...and half of what is used in the Honda Fit. It's not high revving, but it isn't designed for that. It's designed as a commuter bike, and gives phenomenal gas mileage.

The Integra was sold for years in Europe. I wished for years, that Honda would bring to the states. I used to commute on a Suzuki Burgman 400. The front fairing was great in keeping the rain and cold off of you. I used to tell people it was like a mini-Goldwing.

I hope it sticks around in the USA. It could be my next bike.

Chris

I'm curious where the gas goes? Haven't seen a pic showing how you fill it.. that's my biggest grip w/NC along with short-shifting which I hate... lol
Under the seat like all NC platform models.

I'll bet this "Forza" is the "Integra", rebadged and slightly updated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NC700D_Integra

Forza (from Mellow's post)
S1-essai-honda-forza-750-le-scooter-version-integra-le-650204.jpg

Integra
iu

If so, it is the same engine as is used in the NC700X...and half of what is used in the Honda Fit. It's not high revving, but it isn't designed for that. It's designed as a commuter bike, and gives phenomenal gas mileage.

The Integra was sold for years in Europe. I wished for years, that Honda would bring to the states. I used to commute on a Suzuki Burgman 400. The front fairing was great in keeping the rain and cold off of you. I used to tell people it was like a mini-Goldwing.

I hope it sticks around in the USA. It could be my next bike.

Chris
One of the enduring myths of the NC700X......“Half of a Fit engine”.

What is the purpose of the State of California making a distinction between a scooter & a motorcycle?
The same as any government body making any distinctions between motor vehicles. In this case — where they can be operated/licensing/requirements/etc. At one time motor scooters with less that 16HP were prohibited on CA freeways (highways).

It makes me wonder why manufacturers call these scooters other than the obvious marketing away from murder-cycles.

The Forza's only nod to the "scooter" moniker is the pseudo step through frame.

Mellow said:
I wouldn't let a chain keep me from decided on a bike.
I would. Or at least I'd be very hard pressed to get a chain driven bike. Never having to lube or adjust a chain is fine by me.

Overall the Forza appeals to me as a second bike or maybe my very last bike when the ST becomes too much too tall for me. I'd still want a belt or shaft drive version. Never say never but until that changes for me — never. So a Burgman might be the next or last bike. I quite like the Executive.

I have a 1300 for cruising and trips but a few years ago, while waiting for a hip operation, I bought a Suzuki 650 Bergman. I slapped a couple of Givi bags on the side and did almost 10,000 km from one end of Canada to the other, I still have it and use it exclusively for my running around in Toronto. The 650, with it's lighter weight, smaller wheels, automatic transmission, large windshield and faring is a pleasure to maneuver in heavy traffic, to park and to sit in traffic. It also has great acceleration and can hold 130 km on the highway with no effort. For me the scooter is the best for city driving.

Even though many still call a Burgman a "scooter" because it has a step through design and long foot boards, the engine is frame mounted up front and the torque and HP is about the same as many other motorcycles in the same 650 class. Only the final drive is part of the swing arm... just like a motorcycle. These super scooters are almost all frame mounted engines and designed the same as any other motorcycle other than having a step through, which can be done with many motorcycles that have the gas tank under the seat.
Hi Bob:

Once the COVID pandemic calms down and the Canada-USA border opens up again, I'm going to have to come and visit you and talk about making the transition from a ST 1300 to a Burgman. I've always liked that scooter, and I think it would meet my North American touring needs as well as the 1300. I'll still keep the 1100 for Europe & North Africa, though (higher speeds, twistier roads).

Michael

In looking at the Suzuki website, the 2018 Burgman 650 Executive appears to be still available...

In looking at the Suzuki website, the 2018 Burgman 650 Executive appears to be still available...

Just like the 2012 ST1300 was showing up on the Honda Powersports web site until these last 2 years. There are still a few new on showroom floor Burgman 650 Executives. All the 2018 models are the Executive version since there were no other versions of the Burgman 650 made 2016-2018. That just means ABS, electrically adjusting shield and retracting mirrors (same as my 2013 non-Executive model) and also heated seats (both) and grips and passenger backrest.

If this new Forza had at least belt drive I'd be a bit more interested... But I'm keeping what I have for now since it suits my needs perfectly.

I'm at the bottom end of scooter life, having recently acquired a 2005 Vespa ET4 150cc. It is a joy to ride, I can get it up to 100km/h and it does the country road 80 km/h thing just grand. It keeps up with city traffic no problem. Lot's of storage space, and I added a Givi knockoff top box for added storage. I'm liking the "Twist and go" throttle. Would I go for a larger one...hmm... Vespa makes a 300cc that can easily do the 400 series highways (No interest in that on a scooter) I can still manage the ST1100, it currently has 75 K kms on it so it's going to last me for a number of years. This combo of scooter and sport touring bike is suiting me just fine at the moment.

Attachments

• VTqYdeEYT2OQ1IFYkQgGTQ.jpg
    VTqYdeEYT2OQ1IFYkQgGTQ.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 6
  • fullsizeoutput_a6e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_a6e.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom