Corbin seat-ST1300

Concur with Roger. The Corbin is a well made seat and it should provide a lower platform for you. They also make a Close model which is definately lower. I found my Corbin to be hard as a brick but it does allow you to move around which helps alot.
Best of luck with your search.

Hi, are you still on this forum ??

(Fellow Rhodesian)

Anyone had trouble with a corbin seat locking in and fitting right? Any suggestions???
Yes. I haven't used my Corbin in 3 years, but I remember it being difficult to fit correctly.

I just fitted my Corbin to see how difficult it was. It turns out it's not that difficult. I tried the lowest and middle settings on the height adjustment bar. Make sure to fit the seat into/around the adjustment bar. Then I just laid the seat down without pushing on it. I tried several things to get it to fully seat onto the rear tabs of the seat, and came up with two that consistently worked.
1) after inserting the front I pushed down slightly on the middle of the seat while simultaneously pushing down on the rear of the seat (it feels and looks like the seat flexes in the middle while doing this),
2), after inserting the front I wiggled the seat left to right (laterally) about 1" while pushing with moderate pressure down on the rear of the seat. This last method makes me think that the rear tabs don't automatically align with the seat, and therefore, make it difficult to get the seat to fit correctly.

Corbins have to be broken in, and when folks write reviews that they are hard as a bricks, I always assume it was written after their first spin around the block on one. They can be stiff for a season, but after that they are great seats. I always think about my first baseball mit when I was a kid, the first time out, I thought my new glove sucked and it would never be comfortable, but time proved otherwise. Now I'm on my fourth Corbin on as many bikes. My ST has a solo/drivers seat and it is adjustable in 3 heights, just like the stock seat (?).

A Corbin isn't for everybody, it tends to be either love 'em or hate 'em. I love mine. All the best with your search.

I too have had a couple of Corbin's on other bikes,,, and am about to add one to my ST13. They are definitely firm,,, and you need that over the longer rides. But I am not sure that my older Corbin's broke in much. I think it is more that the rider becomes accustomed to them as the hours wind past. My spencerized seat is quite comfortable for local rides,, of 3 or more hours. But then it starts to feel like I am sitting on the old 10" steel pipe. The Corbin saddles that I have on my older bikes start out being a bit less comfortable than the spencerised oem seat,,, but then they maintain their comfort level much longer,,, ie,,, no steel pipe syndrome. So I will likely keep my oem on for shorter rides,,, and throw the Corbin on for distance rides,,, I expect. That also keeps the Corbin in better shape, longer. The other thing a Corbin saddle likes in their name brand saddle lotion,, which works great on just about every seat as well. Just sayin',,, Cat'

Back
Top Bottom