Clutch Plate Replacement - typical mileage?

Be aware that is the exact 2nd gear wheelie procedure for me. REALLY!! and the ST will give you a wheelie.

Yeah, i guess it might. Maybe I should have said to do the test in 3rd gear at around 3,000rpm. ;)

...it could also mean that the bike was a garage queen and didn't get ridden much, and the clutch fluid turned nasty, and they thought it was the clutch (dealerships use this ploy) or, perhaps the Clutch Slave cylinder is toast, and they tried to fix the shifting issues by replacing the clutch plates, and didn't address anything else?
The wording: "just Had" the oil changed, makes me think the owner didn't do any of his own service work, and probably had a shop do it.....which may explain why he got gouged for clutch plates at such low mileage....
Why is he selling it? Maybe he/they didn't find the cause of whatever they were trying to repair....

Another good theory. Sounds like this will need a forthright seller and verifiable documentation to give me a sense of comfort. We'll see. I haven't heard back yet...

Wait, my bad, that's first gear not second. I don't think it will work in second. Oh well. I do have 271,000 on the original clutch. HAHA
It depends how progressively you wind the right wrist... She will do it in 2nd, esp with a full trunk.

Back
Top Bottom