Anyone else here play Wordle?

Folks, send a thought and a prayer out, if you're so inclined, to my eldest sister and brother-in-law, who live in Venice, Florida... which now seems to be under water.
They evacuated to a shelter on Tuesday and are hopefully safe, but there's no power anywhere, so no idea when we'll get news. And no idea if they even have a home to go back to, at this point.
Same thoughts and prayers to everyone in the path of this awful storm.

Stay safe!
Patty

Folks, send a thought and a prayer out, if you're so inclined, to my eldest sister and brother-in-law, who live in Venice, Florida... which now seems to be under water.
They evacuated to a shelter on Tuesday and are hopefully safe, but there's no power anywhere, so no idea when we'll get news. And no idea if they even have a home to go back to, at this point.

Stay safe!
Patty
Prayers sent and fingers crossed.

Stay safe!
Patty
Done! Wishing them the best and hope they are safe and sound.

Stay safe!
Patty
Definitely wishing them and all Floridians safe passage through this very difficult fall!

Stay safe!
Patty
Prayers sent!

I have friends in the Englewood area who evacuated to Orlando and came back home today. They had no trouble getting home. Other friends haven't come back, yet. My ex in Port Charlotte is fine. Power is down, though.

I'm hearing that the storm wasn't nearly as destructive as Ian and flooding was less than predicted. Thankfully, it lost a lot of steam once it got over land.

I haven't heard from anyone in Venice or Sarasota, yet, so I don't know the extent of flooding up there. I think power is the main issue.

Wordle 1,210 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜

Sis and BIL are OK! They're still in the shelter, as clean-up and rescue crews are still out doing their thing and there's no power, but their house is intact. Their property only got a little bit of water, as it was just a smidge above the storm surge, which wasn't as high as expected. Also, there are surge ponds built all over their area and they took some of the excess water, as did the ravine behind their house, which is usually empty. They're very lucky! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
Wordle 1,210 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜

Sis and BIL are OK! They're still in the shelter, as clean-up and rescue crews are still out doing their thing and there's no power, but their house is intact. Their property only got a little bit of water, as it was just a smidge above the storm surge, which wasn't as high as expected. Also, there are surge ponds built all over their area and they took some of the excess water, as did the ravine behind their house, which is usually empty. They're very lucky! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
Great news Patty!

Back
Top Bottom